spc
Search similar:

uniqs
stardotstar
join:2000-12-13
Barker, TX

stardotstar

Uverse unavailable in your area, but excuse me

My wife's boss is moving 2 floors down in a luxury high rise condo. Taking 1/2 of a floor now instead of 1/4th.

So my wife calls to get the Uverse scheduled to move. She is told the same thing by 3 call takers and one "supervisor":

"Sorry but we dont provide service in that building"!

So my question is, should they request a refund from ATT for the last 4 years of imaginery rental of equipment, Uverse TV and Internet?

All kidding aside anyone know of any contact in the Houston area that can cut thru the non-sense here?

Thanks
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

I'm confused. Do you have U-Verse/AT&T already in the same building???? And now your boss is moving into the building as well and is told they don't have services there???
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar

The boss currently lives in the building on the 13th floor.

Moving down to the 11th floor, 2 floors down.

Has had ATT uverse for 4 years now up on floor 13.

Called to have it moved and turned on at the new unit n floor 11.

IS told that ATT Uverse is not available in the building.

Thats it! Unbelievable right! But its true!

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to stardotstar

Premium Member

to stardotstar
Possible since the original install, the building has exclusinely contracted with someone else...since moving removes grandfathering you no longer qualify. Haave you checked with the building owners about that?
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

Oh, boy I am subscribed to this one. It should be very interesting.
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat to Hayward0

to Hayward0
I'd post in the direct forum and see what they can do for you. It may just be a case of the VRAD being full. You'd be freeing a port by vacating condo A. So switching that port over to condo B shouldn't be an issue. It's just a matter of speaking to the right person and that's where the folks in the direct forum can help.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

stardotstar:

If you find the answer to this situation in the direct forum would you please post it here. Thanks.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar to Hayward0

to Hayward0
yes, No not the issue, this is a very high end building.

Thanks
stardotstar

stardotstar to doubleohwhat

to doubleohwhat
Hmm not sure about that since they are telling her that they provide no service at all to the building.
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat to Hayward0

to Hayward0
said by Hayward0:

Possible since the original install, the building has exclusinely contracted with someone else...since moving removes grandfathering you no longer qualify.

Oh lord don't get me started on the crap HOAs pull. I once disconnected my internet service and TV service at rental property since no one would be renting for the winter. The next spring I go to have the service reinstated and I find out that's not possible because the HOA had signed a contract with a crappy local provider to provide all TV/phone/internet services for the complex.

Better yet, they raised my monthly dues to cover the cost of the new provider. So now I'm paying $119 a month for what used to cost me $59 because they went with an expensive phone plan and a ton of premium channels.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar to 15444104

to 15444104
certianally

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to stardotstar

Premium Member

to stardotstar
said by stardotstar:

yes, No not the issue, this is a very high end building.

Thanks

Not sure you meant to address that to me unless you have checked the building has not entered into an exclusive contract...again existing grandfathered usually but as soon as that contract is changed even one unit to another null and void and can not be renewed.

Happened all the time especially in mixed use somehow coop/condo/association type set up vs straight forward lease or ownership.

I rent a condo and have to be sure to make any potential tennant aware of all the specifics, though only being 24 units with no ammenities they are pretty few.

Not Me
@comcast.net

Not Me to stardotstar

Anon

to stardotstar
said by stardotstar:

You lost me right there. No Commercial, Hotel, or Residential building HAS a 13th floor, in these United States.

And even though they have the least trained, most narrow-minded CSRs in business, AT&T can and will Grandfather an existing service transfer in the same building.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar to Hayward0

to Hayward0
Hayward, no this has not happened.

Thanks
stardotstar

stardotstar to Not Me

to Not Me
This building does as do some others, your statement is not accurate. It is a 13th floor her unit number is 134.

Are you guys not reading what I am saying, they are telling my wife that THERE IS NO SERVICE AT ALL at the building.

KarmaPieces
Premium Member
join:2004-07-05
Mobile, AL

KarmaPieces

Premium Member

Has anyone actually asked the building owners/supervisors if they have an exclusive contract with someone else? Just because it's a HIGH END BUILDING doesn't mean they wouldn't have a contract like that. If they do have one AT&T may think it's easier to just give a "No service in that building." blanket answer instead of even attempting to explain exclusivity contracts.

It seems like your not reading some of the replies people are providing.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar

There is no building agreement with ATT or Comcast, yes they have been asked.

There is no "exclusivity contract" with anyone!

KarmaPieces
Premium Member
join:2004-07-05
Mobile, AL

KarmaPieces to stardotstar

Premium Member

to stardotstar
Have you tried posting in the AT&T Direct section here? If so has that gotten you anywhere? I'm still waiting for any type of reply to my thread in that section that I started on the 21st so I can understand if your still waiting too.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar

No, waiting for wife to return tomorrow to work before I ask them for assistance. I am sure they are going to want info we do not have access to at home.

I have used the direct forum before, for personal DSL issue, and they are very helpful.

I also have a friend who is an engineeer with them, going to call him tomorrow also to see if he can get us to a level of intelligence that will see that the account has been open for 4 years at that location. With all of her dvrs and subscriptions, I think the account runs 300-450 per month, so not an account that would be hard to find or they would want to loose!

Maybe they are still on spring break.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Not Me

MVM

to Not Me
said by Not Me :

You lost me right there. No Commercial, Hotel, or Residential building HAS a 13th floor, in these United States.

Quite a few reports of Commercial, Hotel, or Residential buildings in these United States with 13th floors in an Internet search that I just ran.

I may explore this afternoon; San José Hilton and San José Marriott down by the Convention Center, and the San José Fairmont on Market Street are all tall enough to have a 13th floor.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Not Me

Premium Member

to Not Me
said by Not Me :

said by stardotstar:

And even though they have the least trained, most narrow-minded CSRs in business, AT&T can and will Grandfather an existing service transfer in the same building.

Funny, as the hotel I was in for work 2 weeks ago had their Concierge Levels on floors 13 and 14.....

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru to stardotstar

Premium Member

to stardotstar
Also, most buildings that are over 13 floors might "skip" the number in their elevators -- but in reality the floors are still there. Most use the 13th as a maintenance/chiller/generator floor.

Back on topic, I find it strange that AT&T says that. It would be easy to just patch the connection over on a 66 block and be done with it. Wonder why they are making it so difficult.

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar

said by WiFiguru:

Wonder why they are making it so difficult.

This is AT&T we're talking about....

Samus82
Radly
join:2002-01-29
Pflugerville, TX

Samus82 to stardotstar

to stardotstar
I am a att technician. Just a few questions. If he lives in a high rise, then the building (if it does indeed have service) will have whats called Bulk service. Most likely an onsite VRAD. Bulk service has a dedicated "Bulk Property" manager you call, because when you live in a high-rise, the service is sold as bulk under contract.(most of the time at a special price) When you call normal att they will have no idea that building is live.

Try to see if that is the case and get in contact with him. I work with the Chicago MDU team, and it looks like you are in TX so i really cant help you or i would.

The last possibility is that the address of that floor was just not put in the system by engineering. It happens all the time. Dont think of the floors as "floors" think of them as a city block and each unit is a house. Sometimes engineering skips or a floor does not get put in, thus making your "block" not exist in the system. Or your "house" (room) not exist. Again if you contact your property manager from att they can help you. Most if not all bulk properties have them.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar

NO bulk service already stated this but thanks! There is no ATT property manager.

Thanks

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

Consider having your boss-in-law registering and posting into »AT&T Direct with the details. Read the information posted at the top of that forum before posting.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to stardotstar

Premium Member

to stardotstar
Call a private contractor to move the wiring from one unit to another. Ask the building management if they work with a particular company as this would facilitate access to the telephone rooms.
stardotstar
Barker, TX

stardotstar

No that's an idea!

Thanks
stardotstar

stardotstar

update: Wife finally go to someone that can read, write and understand the english language.

Scheduled for the move next Tuesday from yes 13 to 11!

Thanks