Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to Not Me

Re: Uverse unavailable in your area, but excuse me

said by Not Me :

said by stardotstar:

The boss currently lives in the building on the 13th floor.

You lost me right there. No Commercial, Hotel, or Residential building HAS a 13th floor, in these United States.

And even though they have the least trained, most narrow-minded CSRs in business, AT&T can and will Grandfather an existing service transfer in the same building.

Funny, as the hotel I was in for work 2 weeks ago had their Concierge Levels on floors 13 and 14.....
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Mt Baldy, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to stardotstar

Also, most buildings that are over 13 floors might "skip" the number in their elevators -- but in reality the floors are still there. Most use the 13th as a maintenance/chiller/generator floor.

Back on topic, I find it strange that AT&T says that. It would be easy to just patch the connection over on a 66 block and be done with it. Wonder why they are making it so difficult.

Gilitar

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by WiFiguru:

Wonder why they are making it so difficult.

This is AT&T we're talking about....

Samus82
Radly

join:2002-01-29
Alsip, IL
reply to stardotstar

I am a att technician. Just a few questions. If he lives in a high rise, then the building (if it does indeed have service) will have whats called Bulk service. Most likely an onsite VRAD. Bulk service has a dedicated "Bulk Property" manager you call, because when you live in a high-rise, the service is sold as bulk under contract.(most of the time at a special price) When you call normal att they will have no idea that building is live.

Try to see if that is the case and get in contact with him. I work with the Chicago MDU team, and it looks like you are in TX so i really cant help you or i would.

The last possibility is that the address of that floor was just not put in the system by engineering. It happens all the time. Dont think of the floors as "floors" think of them as a city block and each unit is a house. Sometimes engineering skips or a floor does not get put in, thus making your "block" not exist in the system. Or your "house" (room) not exist. Again if you contact your property manager from att they can help you. Most if not all bulk properties have them.
--
Opinion is just a word people hide behind to try and justify them believing stupid things. It sure is easy to believe in something completely and totally stupid, say it's your "Opinion" and then everyone has to respect it.

stardotstar

join:2000-12-13
Barker, TX

NO bulk service already stated this but thanks! There is no ATT property manager.

Thanks

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

Consider having your boss-in-law registering and posting into »AT&T Direct with the details. Read the information posted at the top of that forum before posting.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to stardotstar

Call a private contractor to move the wiring from one unit to another. Ask the building management if they work with a particular company as this would facilitate access to the telephone rooms.
--
PRescott7-2097

stardotstar

Barker, TX

No that's an idea!

Thanks

stardotstar

Barker, TX
reply to stardotstar

update: Wife finally go to someone that can read, write and understand the english language.

Scheduled for the move next Tuesday from yes 13 to 11!

Thanks