Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK

Re: Google Glass: The opposition grows

said by KrK:

If you're doing something that will be 1) Embarrassing or incriminating and 2) is interesting enough to be posted on YouTube,

then perhaps you should ask yourself if you should be carrying out that type of behavior in public (or period).

Aha - if you're not doing something wrong then you shouldn't object to being recorded, eh?

Your position is inherently that it is unreasonable to expect non-publicity (and note that I don't define it as unreasonable to expect privacy: this is not a binary attribute).

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by dave:

Your position is inherently that it is unreasonable to expect non-publicity (and note that I don't define it as unreasonable to expect privacy: this is not a binary attribute).

I know I'm not KrK See Profile but since we share that same opinion...

Yeah, it is unreasonable.
Were not talking about a hidden fixed location recording device.
Were talking about a device attached to another person in plain view in a space open to the public (defining the scope I'm talking about).

I don't understand why people believe that it's unreasonable of others to share, publicize, broadcast etc... an event of the day they experienced first hand.

For sure, certain events should be treated with respect as a matter of decency but it's the generalization that anything & everything one does in public that's observed is a private matter between themselves & whoever just happened to be present.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to dave

Premium Member

to dave
My position is that if something happens in public and within view of other people it should not be surprising if said events or actions have been recorded or captured and that recording or images could be published.

Often people who noticed they are being recorded or photographed get angry at the photographer IF they know they are acting in a manner that they know they should not be doing, and said images will expose that truth, making them look bad (rightly so.) That's really what my point is/was.

If you're out in public, you should not expect your actions to be private and/or anonymous.