how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

awaisuk

join:2008-10-05

Account closed..how to check usage??

Hey,

So I closed account for internet as rogers requires 30 days notice. Now I cant check my usage for internet...

How can I track it so I don't go over and have to pay charges?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

One of Rogers dumb moves ... you have to call them to find out!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to awaisuk

Call them, like sbrook said.

I think you still get the warnings too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to awaisuk

If the purposely prevent you from seeing it, then I guess it doesn't matter and it's unlimited.

Now don't go saying Rogers is somehow purposely punishing you by preventing you from seeing your usage that they charge an arm and a leg for. That wouldn't be right from a consumer or business standpoint, or very nice of anyone to say.

So it must be unlimited since they are basically telling you that you have no rights to see it or be aware of any usage.

+1 Rogers!

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Not unlimited. It's a limitation of their computer systems. If I remember rightly, if you look online, there are a few things you can't do related to internet because of the cancellation notice.

Expand your moderator at work

chipface

join:2011-07-13
reply to awaisuk

Re: Account closed..how to check usage??

Expect to get a letter about better managing your usage closer to day 30. It'll have your average usage for the past 3 months if I recall. Other than that I think calling is the only thing you can do. The Rogers store people can only access what you can.

awaisuk

join:2008-10-05
reply to awaisuk

So looks like i will be going over the limit before my account closes....will I be charged for going over limit?

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON

said by awaisuk:

So looks like i will be going over the limit before my account closes....will I be charged for going over limit?

Yes. You will receive a bill for your overage amount. I received a $25 overage bill on my final 30 days.