spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hutty

@rogers.com

Looking for good internet provider in Flamborough

So I'm just doing some research to find a decent WISP or maybe even broadband (doubtful on that front though) in Flamborough, specifically Westover. Currently we are with Xplornet, and it just doesn't cut it. Pages take forever to load, Youtube videos never load, I've never bothered to try Netflix. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any decent internet provider in the area?

So far I'm considering Source Cable with their wireless internet, but I haven't found too many reviews on them. Does anyone know if they are decent or of any other decent provider? Thanks for any help!

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON

Maybe you could give us a postal code for checking.

And take a look here; pick your city, and change Service Wanted to ALL...
»www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/ispse···rch&p=ON

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
reply to hutty

It seems as though Cogeco serves the area with cable services? Would need a postal code to see if your specific address actually gets Cogeco services.

If you do, you can get service via TSI, Start, Distribuel/Acanac & EBOX.

hutty

@rogers.com
reply to hutty

Sorry, should have given my postal code its n0b 1l0. I already looked into Cogeco a few months ago, and they said that at they time they do no serve my area, so I doubt that has changed since then unfortunately.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Hmm you're correct, when I checked TSI & Start, one listed nothing and the other listed Rogers packages that shouldn't be available at all.

As for wireless services in the area, I have no experience with any of the providers operating in Ontario, other than the mobile phone operators. Hopefully someone else knowledgeable there can chime in.

pwrsurge

join:2009-04-15
reply to hutty

said by hutty :

So I'm just doing some research to find a decent WISP or maybe even broadband (doubtful on that front though) in Flamborough, specifically Westover. Currently we are with Xplornet, and it just doesn't cut it. Pages take forever to load, Youtube videos never load, I've never bothered to try Netflix. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any decent internet provider in the area?

So far I'm considering Source Cable with their wireless internet, but I haven't found too many reviews on them. Does anyone know if they are decent or of any other decent provider? Thanks for any help!

What XplorNet service do you have? If you did not upgrade to 4G satellite yet, you should do it now as it is vastly superior to their older legacy non-4G offerings.

hutty

@rogers.com

Hmm I'm not sure if we've upgraded so I'll have to find that out.

EBW

@cgocable.net
reply to hutty

Same Question!! We want to move from Burlington to flamborough, but it's never gonna happen if I can't find a spot with decent Internet! What's the story? When is the future coming to flamborough?