Search similar:

uniqs

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

1 edit

jblues

[E-mail] Spam

Anyone notice a lot of spam (increase) in their Comcast email the last week or so? It was especially bad today and yesterday. I filter it all, anyway, but my spam filter has gone from 3 or 4 in it to almost 20 or so.

Who knows - maybe I am just being picked on...lol!
luckmann
join:2004-06-27
Albuquerque, NM

luckmann

Re: Spam

I have noticed a huge amount of spam... But it has been about the same level for the last two or three weeks.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

mustang50 to jblues

Premium Member

to jblues
yeah, I had 18 in my inbox. I marked them as spam and deleted them..
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to jblues

to jblues

Re: [E-mail] Spam

No spam here.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to jblues

MVM

to jblues
Spam volume varies over time; sometimes greater, other times less. Spammers see filters as obstacles to be overcome, and will spend a great deal of time testing new techniques in an attempt to beat them. This, in turn, forces E-mail Service Providers to find ways to block the new techniques. This can sometimes lead to issues with false positives. It is an endless "arms race" between spammers and providers.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to jblues

MVM

to jblues
I've noticed a lot more lately as well. My Comcast accounts were actually forwarded to my own domain email. I weened myself off of my Comcast emails a year ago. Just today, I got tired of the junk coming from spammers, so I stopped the forwarding. I'm lucky with my own domain email if I get any. My Comcast email accounts can fill up and rot for all I care.
ComcastDaveL
join:2013-03-13

ComcastDaveL to jblues

to jblues
We will be rolling out some policy updates today that will address the recent spam floods, and which should result in a noticeable improvement in subscribers' mailboxes.
kmenden
join:2013-03-25
Magna, UT

kmenden

Hi Dave, many thx in advance to your team for getting on top of this. Just got a callback on my ticket and informed the agent of the policy updates. So far so good as the flood seems to have stopped since abt 6AM MDT, fingers crossed it continues

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to ComcastDaveL

MVM

to ComcastDaveL
Hello Dave; I didn't see your name on the official list.

»/faq/16267

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to jblues

MVM

to jblues
A bit of information from the Comcast forum:
quote:
CC_Severin
CC_Severin
Re: Spam
[ New ]
Options

03-25-2013 12:52 PM

There are constant improvements being made to address new and varying types of attacks. Some are simple to introduce, others take a certain amount of research and evolution to ensure that the impact to legitimate senders and mail is negligible.

These latest attacks have had a high degree of dynamic content (harder to filter on) and an extremely wide base of source IP addresses coming from new V6 networks. Security policy for IPv6 is still relatively new for the Internet in general, and many existing technologies or concepts simply do not apply. The policy going in today has been studied and should serve to leave this a much less desired route for spammers to take.

If you feel that you're still targeted in some fashion going forward I invite you and others in this thread to provide Dave and/or myself with examples of spam messages and their headers that you receive. My team constantly monitors the impact of our policies and where tweaks need to be made, but that data from you guys can certainly help. At the very least I encourage you to continue utilizing the "This is Spam" button if you are an Xfinity Connect user.
Severin
Comcast Anti-Abuse Manager