IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to 67845017

Premium Member

to 67845017

Re: [DISH] Returning to Dish from DirecTV ...

The same can be said today, there is an article that said that DirecTV has a better reputation for customer service.

»www.gadgetreview.com/201 ··· ork.html

Dish may have improved their customer service, but they tried claiming that I was locked into a contract when the promotion I took advertised no commitment. I went back to Comcast (which is expensive) but then tried DirecTV about a year later and had them from 2006 to 2010 then went back to Comcast on a promotion. Now I went back to DirecTV this past Friday.

I have good things to say about DirecTV and my mother had someone on one of her forums who was mad at her cable provider and my mother recommended DirecTV.

As for Comcast, I'm taking two buses in each direction tomorrow to return my receivers at their office. I'm keeping them for Internet only.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

said by IowaCowboy:

The same can be said today, there is an article that said that DirecTV has a better reputation for customer service.

»www.gadgetreview.com/201 ··· ork.html

Dish may have improved their customer service, but they tried claiming that I was locked into a contract when the promotion I took advertised no commitment. I went back to Comcast (which is expensive) but then tried DirecTV about a year later and had them from 2006 to 2010 then went back to Comcast on a promotion. Now I went back to DirecTV this past Friday.

I have good things to say about DirecTV and my mother had someone on one of her forums who was mad at her cable provider and my mother recommended DirecTV.

As for Comcast, I'm taking two buses in each direction tomorrow to return my receivers at their office. I'm keeping them for Internet only.

You do realize that changes all the time, and it really matters who you talk to, right? If you get a CSR that doesn’t give a shit about his or her job, you’re going to have a lousy customer service experience, if you have talk to a CSR that cares, you’ll have a better experience. Like in all workplaces you have people that care and those that do not. To make that sort of conclusion that one is better than the other is reckless and stupid, when for every 100 people I can find that have had great DirecTV customer service experiences, I can find 100 that did not.

I am no fan of either one of these two companies, and I hate Dish more and think they’re the scum of the earth, but Dish has won their fair share of customer service awards. If you want to bring up your personal ancient history, I’ll bring up some ancient history of when good ole’ Cheap Chuckie would parade his JD Powers trophies for Customer Service Excellence on his Monthly Gospel Hour (aka Charlie Chat).

You used the example of Dish claiming you were under contract when you weren’t, and that is your whole basis for saying Dish has worse customer service??? Not everyone is you, not everyone has the same experiences or will have the same experiences as you. DirecTV flat out lied to me three times when I canceled my service with them in 2006 when I went back to TWC. First they told me they carried my locals in HD, which they did not, after calling them on that they told me I could get locals in HD out of NYC, which I know for a fact was false since I don’t qualify for distants, and then they told me they carried the now defunct iNHD and iNHD 2 channels, which were exclusive to cable, I asked them if they were so sure that DirecTV carried them, what channel numbers could they be found on, but was never given an answer.

That’s my experience with them. I don’t do stupid reckless shit like post on the internet that DirecTV is a bunch of scumbag liars, which they were to me. Point is, you experience with Dish is not universal to others and my experience with DirecTV is not universal either. And 6 years later I have DirecTV subscription again..