Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to mlerner

Re: Injecting surveys into my browsing session now?

said by mlerner:

....and you may have agreed to it in the terms and conditions which makes it legal.

As I have pointed out previously, you cannot consent to being victimized by a criminal act. You cannot legally consent to illegal terms and conditions. You cannot consent under duress or threat of retaliation. It's the Law of Canada.

Just because Rogers posts their Terms and Conditions (and you are compelled to consent to receive service) does not give Rogers a shield against legal liability for illegal acts should any be committed.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
What is illegal about what they've done? It's annoying at best. They inject ads into tv feeds all of the time too, but people don't go running to the RCMP about it.
--
Tom

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to elitefx
Again, who says it's illegal? You pay for access to a network that you don't own much like TV service. The provider has every right to modify your content such as what AOL did.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
well, although I wouldn't call it illegal, it's not the same as AOL ... AOL was a content provider and some of that content was derived from the internet per your requests. Many of the large Telco and Cable ISPs think of themselves that way too. In fact they'd like to be AOLs ... and control what comes across their wires.