share rss forum feed

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to roc5955

Re: Mayor Bloomberg: "Get used to it"

said by roc5955:

Not in NYC. It's technically against to wear a mask or disguise on any day other than Hallowe'en.

What about false eyelashes? Wigs? Fake moustaches? Girdles? Lifts? Oversize sunglasses? Droopy hats? Face paint? A "Statue of Liberty" costume? Body paint?

You see where I'm going, yes?

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to StuartMW
quote:
Here's the latest look at Ubisoft's intriguing surveillance thriller Watch Dogs, coming to PC and consoles this autumn. Set in a near-future Chicago, the story follows activist hacker Aiden Pearce as he gains control of the shadowy computer system that runs the city. This video looks at the set-up from the perspective of ctOS, the intelligent computer network that Pearce must battle
»www.guardian.co.uk/technology/vi···P=twt_fd

Maybe its not Chicago but the Real New York.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to StuartMW
Nothing brings you peace but the triumph of principles. - Boyd Crowder

roc5955
Premium
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY
reply to Secyurityet
said by Secyurityet:

said by roc5955:

Not in NYC. It's technically against to wear a mask or disguise on any day other than Hallowe'en.

What about false eyelashes? Wigs? Fake moustaches? Girdles? Lifts? Oversize sunglasses? Droopy hats? Face paint? A "Statue of Liberty" costume? Body paint?

You see where I'm going, yes?

None of the things that you mention can change the shape of your face. There is software out there that can measure the proportions of your face, its shape, and other unique things. Nothing but a good mask can effectively change these things.
Besides, I was just making a "matter of fact" statement.
--
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW
And all you need is one of these »www.dragonlasers.com/Blue-Laser-···att.html and a good angle at the lens and that $1000 camera is useless.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to StuartMW
Based on what was reported in the original article, Bloomberg doesn't appear to be saying a whole lot more than many of you here are saying: that you will have less privacy in the future, and there will be more surveillance of the population.

“You wait, in five years, the technology is getting better, they’ll be cameras everyplace . . . whether you like it or not,”

Does anyone here actually disagree with this prediction?

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
No, I guess not. But I'd like to add one proposal. Install cameras everywhere in his office(s) and broadcast live stream over the internet, 24/7. We want to know that our rulers are doing for our money...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
No no can't do that. That'd be a security risk.

Besides he's one of the elite (rulers).
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

OZO
Premium
He is a public servant and public needs to know what he's doing on our money. Seeing online how he picks up his nose is not security risk. It's experience of his ideas in action... It's especially useful for the elite (rulers) and should be seen as one of the major requirements to get the gob.
--

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
I guess I should've used sarcasm tags. I was being sarcastic.
--

OZO
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to OZO
And BTW, the guys from the company, which will install surveillance cameras in his offices, should wear uniform with very readable printing - "Get used to it".
--

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to roc5955
said by roc5955:

None of the things that you mention can change the shape of your face. There is software out there that can measure the proportions of your face, its shape, and other unique things. Nothing but a good mask can effectively change these things.
Besides, I was just making a "matter of fact" statement.

I'll take my chances with a good wig, a moustache and a nice hat with a pair of oversized triangular glasses, thank you...

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to HA Nut
said by HA Nut:

Isn't this is the same guy that tried to ban 16 oz sodas at retail outlets? 'Nuff said IMO...

Best thing hes done IMHO. Of course, you guys are intent on killing each other with guns and killing yourselves with fat and sugar, so really - are you actually sane enough to make any worthwhile believable comments ever......... ??
(Hint, rhetorical question).
(Psst, if you dont know what that means you shouldnt be posting)

and Stuart, you have to have big hairy ears, smelly rotten teeth and really stinky farts to join the sarcastic crowd.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

Trihexagonal

join:2004-08-29
US
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T Midwest
reply to OZO
There are cameras installed inside and outside of the apartment complex I live in that record you from the minute you pull onto the lot till you close the door of your apartment. The ones outside are supposedly monitored real-time, the feed from the ones inside the building are recorded for review.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to Anav
said by Anav:

and Stuart, you have to have big hairy ears, smelly rotten teeth and really stinky farts to join the sarcastic crowd.

Why thank you Of course I'm not in the same class as a certain sarcastic Llama
--

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Donut
said by Donut:

Remember how Jon Voight's Character said that the only privacy left is in your own head. That is how its going to be.

Now that Facebook and Twitter are ubiquitous, that's not true for many...
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

The only surveillance camera's around here are at stores wanting to catch shoplifters. Plus our soda's can be any size

If NYC bans forty-ouncers, look for a revolution you'll never forget.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.