markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet

Re: Which Router?

Thanks Tubbynet. I just saw you saying the same thing back on page 2 or 3. Time to fire up the lab.
Having reviewed the thread, all the answers are here. I think at this point we are in danger of going round in circles, so please consider my questions answered. If the discussion carries on so be it, but it's time for me to put my customers money where my mouth is!

As always, I thank you ALL for your input. I look forward to the next one

OVERKILL
join:2010-04-05
Peterborough, ON

OVERKILL

said by markysharkey:

Thanks Tubbynet. I just saw you saying the same thing back on page 2 or 3. Time to fire up the lab.
Having reviewed the thread, all the answers are here. I think at this point we are in danger of going round in circles, so please consider my questions answered. If the discussion carries on so be it, but it's time for me to put my customers money where my mouth is!

As always, I thank you ALL for your input. I look forward to the next one

Great to hear, let us know what you end up doing
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

At this point I think I might cut my own ear off and paint daffodils...

I have an 887 sitting in the rack but it doesn't have the horsepower. I will present the ASA55xx and RV180 to the customer with an executive summary and see where we go. If he goes for the ASA expect to see an URGENT request for how to get one of them going 'cos I've never had to do one before.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939

Premium Member

If you have the ASA55XX, you don't even need a router. You could simply suffice with a Layer 3 switch, or even the ASA itself, depending on the licenses/number of ports needed.