Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

1 recommendation

BlitzenZeus to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22

Re: [poll] What will happen with Win8?

Maybe, just maybe they will allow us to even have a metro app open per monitor now... Wouldn't that be wild?

For those who don't know you cannot have metro active on more than one monitor at a time.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Maybe just maybe Microsoft will now allow me to use the ONE Metro app that I have any interest in using without first punishing me and forcing me to remove the Registry block I had to put on UAC. Windows 8 is worse than Vista or Win 7 in that it does not understand what an Admin account is and still forces UAC but without prompts so the upshot is that your program doesn't work right but you don't know why.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

For those who don't know you cannot have metro active on more than one monitor at a time.

That's not exactly accurate,.....

I have one system that has a triple monitor configuration. Using an nVidia GTX670 and the nVidia control panel these monitors are viewed by the OS as a single monitor 5760x1080. So a single metro app will run on all three monitors at the same time and with Snap two metro apps can be run between the three,.....if one wants to bother running metro apps that is,....
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

I'm sorry, but that's just a retarded configuration, one metro app across three monitors is even more of a waste of space.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Why is having the OS see two or three monitors as one monitor 'retarded"? The capability is on my nVidia 660 card also. I am looking to it when I buy a second monitor sometime this year.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Apparently you need to read before you reply. You've stated you hate the fullscreen apps, yet completely miss how I was referring to one metro app taking up more than one monitor.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

I'm sorry, but that's just a retarded configuration, one metro app across three monitors is even more of a waste of space.

Don't be sorry,...

Your previous statement was still in error,.....regardless of your opinion of any specific configuration,....which can be easily toggled on or off,.....
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus
No, if I decide to reinstate UAC and use some Metro Apps I would have to also have ModernMix (its existence is the only reason I would consider using Metro apps). Thus, full screen apps are no longer full screen whether on one or two monitors.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Which again had nothing to do with the comment, and modernmix is a 3rd party fix which shouldn't have been necessary. Modernmix is also not free.