how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vancelot

join:2008-06-16
Tyler, TX

CableCard "Subscription Required"

For the last two years, I have been happily using my home built HTPC with a Ceton InfiniTV cable card tuner. I started having signal problems a few weeks ago. I first replace the cablecard with Suddenlink, no difference. It looked like my Ceton card had died. I ordered a new one. It is getting good signal but all encrypted channels get "Subscription Required" I have call the Suddenlink several times to pair and validate subscriptions, but the say that I should be getting those channels.

Has anyone else had problems getting cablecards to work with Suddenlink?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3
There have been a few users in here saying similar things. Pretty sure the biggest problem is cable cards are just not mainstream and most the support staff doesn't have a clue how to profile them.

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to vancelot

Re: CableCard "Subscription Required"

Usually that means a re-pairing is required. I've had luck in the past (prior to switching to OTA) getting them to do it via live chat, but did require a tech out and a few card swaps to get things to line up, once. Those cards are pretty unreliable, unfortunately.
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to moldypickle
said by moldypickle:

There have been a few users in here saying similar things. Pretty sure the biggest problem is cable cards are just not mainstream and most the support staff doesn't have a clue how to profile them.

agreed none of the support staff that ive talked to in the past knew what it was or what I was talking about... they even said they don't offer that till I stated yeah right FCC requires yall to offer it weather you like it or not haha
Expand your moderator at work

vancelot

Tyler, TX
reply to vancelot

Re: CableCard "Subscription Required"

I tried the online chat with support tonight. They confirmed that the pairing was right and said he "rebalance" my account. Whatever that means. Still a no go.
I am going to the office tomorrow to swap the cable card and see If I have any better luck.

SDLshannon

join:2013-02-22
Hi- Shannon with Suddenlink here. Please email me your account information and I will be happy to assist in resolving the trouble you are having with your Cable Card. My email is shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

vancelot

Tyler, TX
said by SDLshannon:

Hi- Shannon with Suddenlink here. Please email me your account information and I will be happy to assist in resolving the trouble you are having with your Cable Card. My email is shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

Thanks Shannon. I got another cable card from the office today with the same results. started online chat and had him re-pair. Same results. He went away for a while an then all my channels were coming in. I asked him what he did different from the last three techs. He replied, "Kyle G: They didn't include the data information for the pairing signal."

Thanks Kyle for the fix, finally. And thanks to Shannon for the response. I am sure that you would have fixed it if Kyle couldn't have.