spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

Netflix Limits

Anyone know the streaming limits on a single account? I've heard you can stream on two devices at once, but only if one is on a movie and other is on a TV series. Ran into a problem few weeks ago, never had a chance to figure out if the limit on the account had been hit.
dazman09
join:2010-10-28

dazman09

Pretty sure its just two devices at a time. We had two ipads streaming netflix and tried starting a 3rd and it wouldn't go. Gave an error of 'too many devices in use' or something similar. Couldnt get the 3rd started until we actually manually closed an app on one of the previous ipads, just quitting to the home screen wasn't enough.

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

Was it two movies on the ipads or one more and one TV show? I've heard some many different ideas.
ErikRP
join:2004-11-06
Winnipeg, MB

ErikRP

According to Netflix's Terms of Use: "YOU MAY INSTANTLY WATCH ON UP TO SIX UNIQUE AUTHORIZED NETFLIX READY DEVICES. YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO INSTANTLY WATCH SIMULTANEOUSLY ON TWO SUCH DEVICES AT ANY GIVEN TIME." (sorry for the all caps - blame Netflix)

There is nothing that suggests movies are treated any differently than TV shows, so I'd say you're good with streaming 2 movies simultaneously.

Note, it also includes this: "For certain membership plans, you may instantly watch simultaneously on additional Netflix ready devices within your household. Go to 'Your Account' page on the Netflix website to view the number of devices on which you may simultaneously view movies & TV shows that are associated with your plan."

Source: »signup.netflix.com/TermsOfUse

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

Interesting. Thanks for the info!
dzurawell5
join:2004-05-09
Sherwood Park, AB

dzurawell5

Speaking of netflix, if you haven't already done so you should check out Unotelly. You can use one of their US DNS servers and then if you point your router or apple tv or whatever at that you can change your netflix region to US and get way more movies/shows.

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

Unblock us is a far superior service. I have tried both.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to dzurawell5

Premium Member

to dzurawell5
Can you use a Canadian netflix account for the US service? Or do you need to register again?
fender
join:2007-07-23
Vancouver, BC

fender

Your neflix.ca account is universal. Works for the US and Canada.
fender

fender to rustydusty

to rustydusty
said by rustydusty:

Unblock us is a far superior service. I have tried both.

I can second this. I've been using Unblock us for over two years.

It's far superior to screwing with VPNs. A simple and clean hack.

The other bonus is that they're a Canadian venture.
lostspaceman
join:2012-07-26
T3N0K7

lostspaceman

I've heard good things as well and am very tempted to try them out...

govan326
@shawcable.net

govan326 to rustydusty

Anon

to rustydusty
Mediahint is much much better. It's a simple browser addon which requires no signing up, no fees, no setup or anything like that. link:

»mediahint.com/

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8

+1 unblockus, easy t configure and will work on ipad boxee etc

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to govan326

Premium Member

to govan326
"Browser add-on" is enough for me to say no... lol

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

said by kevinds:

"Browser add-on" is enough for me to say no... lol

Agreed!
lostspaceman
join:2012-07-26
T3N0K7

lostspaceman

Same, although if you're just browsing on a computer it seems to be a good option, trying it out now in fact.
annoyingrob
join:2007-03-27
Calgary, AB

annoyingrob

Or just do it yourself with haproxy and bind9.

It's nice being able to get netflix 3D on my PS3 with zero configuration required.

jed
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Alberta, Can

jed to rustydusty

Premium Member

to rustydusty
Wife was just telling me 2 days ago, that we received a notice from Netflix of a new Family Plan or some such, cost of $11.99/mo that allowed your simultaneous streams to go from 2 to 4 per household.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to annoyingrob

Premium Member

to annoyingrob
Can you provide a source or document on how to setup haproxy and bind9 for a unblockus replacement?

I run BIND at home already, find it more stable than the MS DNS server