Search similar:

uniqs
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

Meet the SA5xx's replacement, the ISA5xx series

Probably going to get crucified for this as this is Small Business class, but having read over the datasheets
this little puppy seems worth a 2nd look at, especially for those at home / on a limited budget -- »www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· 565.html

The perf numbers doesn't even come near the new lowend X series ASAs, but considering how whacked it was
Cisco couldn't come up with something like an ASA WITH wireless for its entrylevel design (unlike
*coughs*Juniper*coughs), this design is long overdue. SmallNetBuilder had some pretty positive
things
to say about this piece of kit...

There's also an online emulator here. What ADSM should have been when it came out? The TRUST level config
is lifted directly from ASA...

Regards

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

meh.
low end 800-series with some security pasted on top of it so its not a 'router' -- its a 'security appliance' and slightly lifted performance with crypto.
its a nice to see -- but i'm not sure what impact it will have other than getting the 'cisco' name out there a little more to smaller shops who will grow and say "hey -- that cisco thing worked pretty well -- lets upgrade to a bigger cisco thing".

its nice to see. maybe i'd own one at my house. not much else.

q.