spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jrsygrl23
join:2013-03-25

jrsygrl23

[AZ] County Island in Chandler - No Service

Hi all -

We live in a "county island" in Chandler. We are basically cut off from modern conveniences like high speed internet. Recently our local Chandler satellite internet company ran into an issue of palm trees blocking our signal and had no work around. We just signed up for Verizon HomeFusion but we are burning through gigs way too fast and it doesn't seem like HomeFusion is going to work for us. Just having the darn router on uses data.

The homes across the street have Cox internet and we would really like to use Cox for our internet provider. Is it possible that Cox would run a line to our side of the street? We are probably 300-400 feet from the other houses. Any thoughts on how I can negotiate with Cox? Thank you!

stanley_qaz
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Gilbert, AZ

stanley_qaz

Premium Member

Maybe get one of your lucky neighbors to let you have a Cox modem installed at their home and then use a WiFi link to get to your place?

Calling Cox and getting a price for the link, if they are even interested would be your first step.

chrisf8657
join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ

chrisf8657 to jrsygrl23

to jrsygrl23
If Cox does agree if you pay, get ready for some MASSIVE quotes.
I don't have the thread bookmarked but the last guy had a quote in the 5 figures.

asu
@asu.edu

asu

Anon

I'll PM you some Cox contacts once I get on the computer later today, no promises though on price.
AZHSISUPPRT2
join:2007-11-01
Glendale, AZ

AZHSISUPPRT2 to jrsygrl23

to jrsygrl23
jrsygrl23,

PM me your address and I can put in a Can We Serve form to construction and find out if it's possible to build plant out that way.

Thanks,