gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

1 edit

gwalk

Premium Member

MS Messenger Alternative

With the upcoming demise of Microsoft Messenger, does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement ?
Skype looks like it sucks.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

Re: MS Messenger

I have had very good luck with Trillion. In fact went to it about a month ago and very pleased...even with the free version.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Thanks, I'll have a peak at Trillion.
I wonder if Trillion will continue to operate..I seem to recall that Trillion used part of the MS Messenger underpinings.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to gwalk

Premium Member

to gwalk
I've been using Miranda Instant Messenger for many, many, many years. Over those years, friends had weird issues with Trillian they'd continually complain about, either showing up as logged in yet they can't receive messages or they think they're logged in yet they don't receive messages or file transfer problems... but since the early days, I've never had any of those problems.

It's super lightweight too - »www.miranda-im.org/

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Thanks, downloaded. I'll give it a try.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

1 recommendation

moes to gwalk

Premium Member

to gwalk
Skype does not suck, I was like that back in 2007, was refusing to ditch messenger, once I did get around to using it, it's all I use and all I will use.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to gwalk

to gwalk

quote:
Skype looks like it sucks.
It does since Microsoft took it over!

Good luck my friend

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to gwalk

Premium Member

to gwalk

Perhaps this would help Comparison of instant messaging clients

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

Really dude11, I have not noticed any degradation in skype service, have you. Or is it just bothersome that skype may tattle on your illegal activities whatever they are.... to the govt.
Expand your moderator at work
Anav

Anav

Premium Member

Re:  

Like I said, if your doing something illegal then I have no sympathy. Skype works fine. Besides you guys just keep buying your assault rifles so when the govt comes a calling..... Personally your conducting self-genocide when you look at all the gun related deaths over the years or on an hourly basis. I would not hesitate to call it Microstupid.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to gwalk

to gwalk
No buddy i just mean NO ONE SHOULD USE IT NOW THAT MICROSOFT OWNS IT!!!! (They probably sit there and spy on everyone using it)

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by 19579823:

No buddy i just mean NO ONE SHOULD USE IT NOW THAT MICROSOFT OWNS IT!!!! (They probably sit there and spy on everyone using it)

check this out dude

»www.microsoft.com/about/ ··· y/#FAQs1

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to gwalk

Premium Member

to gwalk

No argument. If your an evil criminal stay away from MS, in fact, leave NA too. If, on the other hand your not a delusional paranoid nor a criminal, Skype is a damn fine program. In fact, one of my kids at University far away, skyped in on the laptop last night and I used skype on my smart phone to witness a birthday and events of another of my kids. It was fantastic, thankyou MS and Skype for providing this excellent free service of high quality.

I think Im going to go out today and buy more MS products.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

said by 19579823:

Microsoft owns Windows too!!!

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

1 recommendation

Anav

Premium Member

True so in the spirit of being anti-monopoly I also invest in apple products and android products. But make no mistake the government can access your evil and criminal activities regardless of OS, or technology. Heck they actually run all those 'private' VPN servers people are running too in the hopes of leading secret lives. Heck their servers will have combed this post within seconds of its posting for any key words. Yikes, they would have noted that the bandito Dustyn posted and now we are all under investigation. oops time to take my meds.