spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex

New E-mail servers down - second time!

The "new" POP e-mail servers (pop / smtp .verizon.net) don't seem to be as reliable as the old ones. A few days ago it would not connect at all (I'm on Win 7 using Win Live Mail). I thought it was my problem and re-booted my router but that didn't help. But then a while later they came back. Today (Mon, 3/25/13 about 1245 PM EDT) they are down again! I changed back to the old ones (incoming / outgoing) and while a little slower they at least work!

Anyone else seeing this. I'm in the Tampa FL area.

Gerry

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler

WXP and W7 here in Phila., PA area - new servers have been spastic all day. Currently, (@ 12:57 EDT) they have been down for a few hours. My email client checks mail every 15 minutes on 3 accounts and logs the failures.

I have not tried the old ones.
dmine45
join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA

dmine45 to Gerryex

to Gerryex
Web side seems to be operational, but not POP. Again, have not tried old servers only the new ones.
PittsPgh
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA

PittsPgh to Gerryex

Premium Member

to Gerryex
Seems I can get my emails on my phone and tablet. They are still set for the old servers incoming/outgoing.verizon.net
I thought I had changed them awhile back. Guess I didn't.

Computer is set for the new servers and it's not pulling it in.

Buffy
@mp-sportsclub.com

Buffy to Gerryex

Anon

to Gerryex
I cannot get e-mails either. I have updated my server setting a few days ago and they were working fine. I am also in Philly area and right now I am getting nothing... either my computer or my phone.

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to Gerryex

to Gerryex
Just switched one of my accounts back to the incoming/outgoing servers and got my mail. The other accounts, that use the pop/smtp servers, time out and have been since my previous post.
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex

I had to go out and just got back (around 5:30 PM EDT) and turned my PC back on. Initially got my e-mail with the old servers (incoming / outgoing) and then I changed the servers to the new ones (pop / smtp) and they are working again.

Its disappointing that Vz can't keep something simple like mail servers running 24/7! I don't remember the old servers ever being down for any length of time. When I switched to the new servers they responded much faster than the old servers and that was certainty a good thing. But if they can't keep them up all the time then I hope they keep the old ones operational for a long time!!!

Gerry
Expand your moderator at work