The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to tshirt

Re: [Speed] Anyone heard anything official on the fate of powerb

said by tshirt:

PB served a purpose when it started and most peeps were on the 6/2, that brief burst made a noticeable difference.

Actually, when it was started in my area, I was on a 6 mbps/384 kbps plan; which still was noticeably faster (even without the PowerBoost) than the 1244/256 kbps (real world ~950/190 kbps) I could get from BellSouth at that time.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
reply to pflog

I see 30mbps/30mbps pb on business starter. after powerboost the speeds are the same as they used to be(16mbps/3mbps).

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

said by ArrayList:

I see 30mbps/30mbps pb on business starter. after powerboost the speeds are the same as they used to be(16mbps/3mbps).

My average speeds are ok, but the traffic is erratic (policing vs. shaping). Many see the same, and it's disruptive.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates
Expand your moderator at work

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to NetFixer

No response as of yet. My last post to direct went unanswered as well, so I'm not holding my breath.

The least they could do is respond with a no or at least "saw this, but cannot answer or comment" or something.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to pflog

I was getting 35/6 Powerboost on my Blast! 25/4 connection, but since the upgrades I get 55/11, so either Powerboost is gone or it's been reduced by quite a bit.

FirebirdTN

join:2012-12-13
Brighton, TN
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

I have 50/10 and still have powerboost in the downstream only.

Maybe the reason we still have it is because extreme 105 isn't available in my area. Its just a guess.

I don't like it anyway.

I had some other issues that were resolved by traffic shaping in my router on the upstream side, but later I went ahead and added shaping in my downstream side and it did exactly what I wanted-defeated powerboost. Granted, I don't get the extra "burst", but it sure keeps things consistent:

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 38.107.216.34.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 10062 Kbps.
Downstream: 112721 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 9930 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 49429 Kbps.