Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

[Other] Tiger reclaims #1 ranking

Tiger is now ranked #1 again for the first time since 2010:

»bleacherreport.com/articles/1580···tational

I wasn't convinced he'd be able to make a full comeback, but this is pretty impressive.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

Tiger has done fairly well in spring lately but his injuries have dragged his play down as the golf 'season' moves along. We'll see if he can keep it together this year.
--
“I had to adjust my halo as I was machine-gunning hogs.” - Ted Nugent

capdjq
What, me care?
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to pflog

Regardless of his personal problems, a player of his calibre come along once in a lifetime. I find golf only interesting when he's in the hunt.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to pflog

Judging by the response to this topic........I'm assuming everyone feels the same way I do!

Who f-------g cares?

I find it amusing that he is now dating Lindsay Vonn,a female version of himself...........wonder who will cheat first?
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Judging by the response to this topic........I'm assuming everyone feels the same way I do!

Who f-------g cares?

I find it amusing that he is now dating Lindsay Vonn,a female version of himself...........wonder who will cheat first?

You cared enough to reply, eh? Nike appears to care, too
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

Regardless of his personal problems, a player of his calibre come along once in a lifetime. I find golf only interesting when he's in the hunt.

So you don't really like golf, you're just in it for the celebrity sighting?

People say Tiger is good for golf because he brings in people who don't like golf, but those kinds of folks will just leave when he's not around. Seems like a wash.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

Exactly he's not good for golf........just watch any televised tournament that he is in and see how many other golfers are being followed..........it's a joke.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Exactly he's not good for golf........just watch any televised tournament that he is in and see how many other golfers are being followed..........it's a joke.

Tiger is good for golf TV ratings and by extension good for golf. Yes, Tiger gets a lot of coverage but that's what a majority of viewers want. You are in the minority and the TV coverage does not cater to you. The coverage is going to go with the majority of viewers. It is just your personal opinion that Tiger is not good for golf. I don't think Tiger is bad for golf by any stretch, and that's my opinion.

Be careful...it looks like you care
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to pflog

Good for Woods for sticking with his comeback this long through some frustrating times. You have to admire people who come back from adversity, like them or not.

And he does draw more coverage for the sport. Anyone who draw more coverage for a sport (not due to arrest, scandal, etc.) is good for the sport.
--
Round round get around. I get around.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

TV likes him because non-golfers like to watch him. Regular golfers would watch whether he is in the hunt or not. The bad thing is that the announcers and telecast director stop caring about anyone but Tiger. It is only interesting if you like the Tiger coverage 90% of the show. I don't.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to fatness

said by fatness:

Good for Woods for sticking with his comeback this long through some frustrating times.

What else was he going to do? Get a job? The only thing he's ever done in his entire life was play golf.
--

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

3 recommendations

reply to pflog

“Lindsey Vonn is a seven-time world champion, and three Thanksgivings ago, Tiger Woods set a new world’s record in the men’s downhill.’’

— COMEDIAN ARGUS HAMILTON, found in Post-Standard
--
How Sweet it is! On to DC to face #1 seed Indiana. Just wish we didn't have to play so damned late.

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

Ok, now that shit right there... that shit is funny!

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to kingdome74

LOL

capdjq
What, me care?
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

I like golf and play about 3-4 times per week but I don't like watching on TV. Maybe its because I play a lot. Tiger is personality, good or bad off the course, whom am I to judge, and I find him interesting. Look at the TV ratings when he's in the hunt on weekends. I bet the TV Stations want him to succeed.
The personal life of a player doesn't really concern me. Its his business who he dates or whom he screws.
I like Michael Vick, Ben Rothleisberger, Shaq, Kobe as players. I find them exciting to watch regardless of their off field antics.
I used to enjoy tennis with McEnroe, Connors, Nastase. They were interesting. Todays tennis player are great but play like machines completely devoid of any personality.
--
"Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing."

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Tough to argue with that. Look at NASCAR's fall in the ratings. You have someone who is so professionally polished as Jimmy Johnson winning every week and who never gets involved personally with the other drivers and it's about as exciting as watching paint dry. Last week's dust up will make the ratings tick up for the next race but because there is no sustained rivalries outside of bad word here and there they are killing their sport. Let drivers be drivers.

Let golfers be golfers. Like you said I don't care who Tiger slept with. I don't watch sports to be that familiar with them. What I do like is competition and just before all that crap happened there was a great little rivalry growing between Tiger and Phil (I'm a lefty too so you can guess who I like) which died in the process. Tennis is a huge snore.
--
Lost to Marquette during the season so beating them to get into the Final Four would be oh so sweet.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

said by kingdome74:

I'm a lefty

I just had to preserve that one.
--
Round round get around. I get around.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

said by fatness:

said by kingdome74:

I'm a lefty

I just had to preserve that one.

I'm a lefty too...you are surrounded!!

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

1 recommendation

lol

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
reply to drslash

dp

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to pflog

I've always said the reason why there aren't more great lefty golfers is all the golf balls are right-handed
--
Lost to Marquette during the season so beating them to get into the Final Four would be oh so sweet.

Expand your moderator at work