share rss forum feed

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Up Go The Prices

Just received the following:

Thank you for being a Vonage customer.

The price of your Vonage Residential Premium Unlimited calling plan will increase from $24.99 per month (plus taxes and fees) to $25.99 per month (plus taxes and fees), effective on your first billing statement after April 25.

Vonage remains dedicated to providing you with the best value for all your unlimited calling needs in the U.S. and locations around the world.

Thank you once again for your business. For more information, please visit us at
www.vonage.com.

Sincerely,
Vonage Customer Care

First increase in my 9 years with Vonage (not including fees and taxes) so I am inclined to see the final figure on May 1st before I make any rash decisions.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Sheesh!!

Rash decisions? How many other things have you had that HAVEN'T increased in 9 years?

This is a no brainer as far as if you're debating cancelling for that $1.00 increase.

If nothing else, call them up and get on the $9.99 for life plan.

»Vonage made me an offer (I can't refuse)
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

EdmdsGuy

@frontiernet.net
reply to Waldothe3rd

I too got this via email.I am tempted to let it ride as I have been happy with the service after a few initial hiccups that were attributed to my old ISP, other than local tax and charges (we will get to that in a moment), this is a 4% increase. I have spent the last few days reading the company report and the future prospectus. Part of what that one dollar increase will be paying for will the the outstanding 25 million dollar law suit, 4 new patents (not clearly disclosed), a new chief marketing officers and a new marketing campaign. Vonage has moved to contracting customers instead of adhering to the original version that has kept us all happy. Those are just the facts now for a little editorial

Vonage has been good to me ever since I beat the CSR's that are non- US based and get preferential treatment during regular business hours from NJ. I also have gotten a few credits over the years since I am a long term customer for staying with the higher plan package. When I call next week I am going to point out a few facts: 1) Google Voice is free 2) as a long term customer should I not be grandfathered in at the original price? 3) Price increase but I am not getting anything additional for my 4% increase other than the privilege to be with Vonage 4) Where will it end, is this the beginning of adding an additional 2.5 million per month to the bottom line just for the asking? 5) My ISP is offering me a lower price than my current Vonage with all of the same features and it is a non-introductory offer.

I will report back with more details
PS I could not remember my dslreports log in by I do have an account

mahermusic

join:2001-07-06
U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage

said by EdmdsGuy :

I too got this via email.I am tempted to let it ride as I have been happy with the service after a few initial hiccups that were attributed to my old ISP, other than local tax and charges (we will get to that in a moment), this is a 4% increase.

Call them up to "cancel", and follow Cork's advice above...
--
Guns Will Be Gone. Period. Thank OUR President Obama for putting the lives of our children ahead of special interests.