Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

musichem

join:2003-08-10
Carl Junction, MO

[MO] Extremely variable internet speed - Carl Junction area

Click for full size
I've been noticing my internet download speed drop regularly to below 2 Mbps for hours at a time. When this happens, I cannot even stream a YouTube video, like I was trying to do this evening with my family. Check out the speeds in the graphic (tested from my phone). At 6:23 this morning, I had 1923 kbps and couldn't stream a video, but an hour later at 7:29 I had 15651 kbps. This evening, I am back down to 1887 kbps. Upload speeds stay relatively constant at 2.2-3.5 kbps (perfectly adequate -- and faster than download speed right now). You can see a slow result at the bottom of the graphic at 1910 kbps at 8:28 am on Feb 20, so this is not a one-time issue. Results on my PC are similar.

Needless to say, I'm not too happy that the service isn't consistently providing what I am paying for. Is this behavior normal?

(BTW, the cellular result of 8745 kbps is T-Mobile HSPA "4G" data on my Nexus 4.)

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
I am not aware of any service issues in the area at this time. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number so I can look into this?