spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ramjet555

join:2013-03-25

FreePhoneLine.ca registration drop outs

I have a 5 line voip phone and have 2 lines on FreePhoneLine, one on Callcentric and 2 on pennytell.com.au

I notice that I'm getting lots of loss of registration on FreePhoneLine.
The only way to recover the line is to pull the power out and recycle.

When I have two FreePhoneLines, running often One shows that horrible Amber light instead of the green light which means my phone is down.

At least this phone shows me the amber warning light.

CanadianGuy

join:2012-05-28
Nepean, ON

You might want to ask your question over here: »VOIP Tech Chat

Ramjet555

Thanks, I've reposted in the correct area.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Ramjet555

Are you using Asterisk? I've noticed they have changed their server setup and the way they rotate IP numbers throws off Asterisk so it will loose connection and cause issue. The workaround I did was connecting to the IP number of their servers instead of their "voip.freephoneline.ca" or "Voip2.freephoneline.ca"

spookstaz2

join:2002-10-05
Reviews:
·CIKTEL Telecom
·Acanac
reply to Ramjet555

I had registration problems before too and in my case setting the registration interval too short. I think they won't let you re-register too often and their server will start blocking your registration requests. Try setting your register expires interval to 3600

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5

said by spookstaz2:

I had registration problems before too and in my case setting the registration interval too short. I think they won't let you re-register too often and their server will start blocking your registration requests.

My registration timeout has been 120 seconds for about a year and I haven't had any problems with FPL because of it.

alexpb1

join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON
reply to Ramjet555

Make sure to follow the settings set here:
»support.freephoneline.ca/entries···dentials

Failure to follow the required guidelines will result in account suspension followed by a notification email. Once your configuration adheres to the guidelines, service will be restored.

Ramjet555

reply to koreyb

Thanks,
I believe it was connected to the proxy address. Changed the
primary and the secondary.

Seems to be ok at present.

It's nice with Cisco phone being able to see
Green lights go orange when it fails to register.