spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jnorris441

join:2013-03-24

[TiVo] Tivo Premiere multi-room with Quad/Preview bundle

I have been going round and round with RCN support about this.

Originally I had the Quad/Preview bundle, but I wanted to be able to pause TV. They installed a Premiere. Then I found out that RCN disallows the hard-wired Premiere to stream from the Quad even though it's technically possible (because of money or whatever)

Has anyone been successful in getting them to allow this? Otherwise I will probably have them take the box back.

Maybe if I had 2 Quads?

Dawk2013

join:2013-02-07
Easton, PA
I am sure it is technically possible but I do believe RCN locks it down.
I had 3 premieres prior to trading it in for one Quad and two previews. I definitely prefer the quad/previews.
The ONLY limitation is you cant pause live TV but you CAN (with the latest software update) record shows from the preview and then go to watch them and pause as much as you want. Are you aware of that ?

jnorris441

join:2013-03-24
Yeah I have tried that. I think if I can't have the streaming, I will put the Preview back where it was and return the Premiere. It's a shame really, I was willing to give RCN more money every month!

Pacomartin

join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
reply to Dawk2013
said by Dawk2013:

you CAN (with the latest software update) record shows from the preview

I think I am missing this software update. How can I get it?

Dawk2013

join:2013-02-07
Easton, PA
connect to the tivo service...maybe reboot the box too. Someone else can chime in with the version...I dont recall off hand.

Pacomartin

join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
said by Dawk2013:

connect to the tivo service...maybe reboot the box too.

I called RCN customer support. He was puzzled as well, but after 20 minutes we figured out you have to set your menus on HD menus; it doesn't work on Standard menus. I have no idea why this feature would be tied to the menu, but it worked.

Unfortunately, if you haven't got an HD television, these menus are almost impossible to read.