uniqs
share rss forum feed

mafmmx

join:2013-03-21
Burbank, IL

3 edits

Question about speed tier costs

In reply to this post.

I have a question, I am in IL also. You said you upgraded from "performance" correct? What was your performance speeds? and how much were you paying?

and the upgrade to blast, was this the free upgrade? or did you pay to upgrade to blast?

I was on performance and paying around 60-70 a month, I upgraded to blast 50/10 the other day and it cost me 10.00 more a month ( so now i think i pay 72.95-74.95 or so a month? )

I thought i would get the free upgrade like everyone is talking about? but the rep said, since i was on the "performance package" i dont get the blast upgrade ( 50/10 ) for free. I had to pay 10.00 extra a month.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA

The tiers got shifted up in speeds for the same price. Performance moved up from 12/2 to 25/4, Blast moved up from 25/4 to 50/10. If you stayed on Performance, you would have received a bump to 25/4 for free. Maybe check with them to see if there's any promos available.
--
KI6RIT

chmod
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL
reply to mafmmx

Yes I upgraded from performance tier, where my speeds were 15/3. I had just bought a new docsis 3 modem so I would get that speed bump. After not seeing the increased speeds with the new modem I called Comcast and first asked out of curiosity how much more the blast tier would cost per month. I was told $10 and at that point I didn't even bring up the issue with the performance tier speeds as that seemed like a good deal to me. After a few modem reboots and whatever they pushed from their end by the time I got off the phone with them my speed tests were showing about 55/11.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

rmdir

join:2003-03-13
Chicago, IL
reply to mafmmx

I have a business class account at home, and would like to switch to residential but am confused about what I'll get with the speed changes and all. I see 3 offering right now-Performance which is 20 down, Blast which is 50, and Extreme 105. If I sign up for Blast, will I get upgraded to Extreme speeds or not? $75 for 105 down is a good deal.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA

50 Mbps for Blast is post-upgrade, so you wouldn't see an increase to 105 after that.
--
KI6RIT