Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blacey

join:2000-10-26
San Mateo, CA

2 edits

*SOLVED* Side-grade from Ultra to Blast - traffic shaped

Large file xfer shaped to 20 MBs
Ok, so I decided to side-grade from Ultra 22/5 to Blast 50/10 as many people in the San Francisco Bay Area reported the faster speeds. That was last Thursday.

I rebooted the modem several times but I still had the Ultra provisioned speeds so I posted to the Comcast Direct forum. No answer after a few days (I sure do miss ComcastSteve) so I connected with support again tonight using the on-line chat. They found, as I suspected, that my modem had not been re-provisioned so they pushed the Blast config to it.

Below are my shaperprobe results:

Notice that in both cases, my modem seems to be shaped to 20/4 (Performance tier?). To confirm, I tried downloading a large file (Mountain Lion from Apple) because they use a high-performance CDN that always pegged my 22/5 at 24 previously.

As you can see from my pfSense traffic graph, the traffic seems to be shaped around 20Mbs.

1) Are other Blast subscribers in the Bay Area seeing a 20/4 shaped speed on an Arris TM702G after the CA speed upgrade rollout on the 19th?
2) I have tried 3 times with Comcast so can I get this resolved?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

blacey

San Mateo, CA

Re: [Connectivity] Side-grade from Ultra to Blast - traffic shap

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to blacey
dont use chat. call!!!!!

blacey

San Mateo, CA

2 recommendations

reply to blacey
Amazing! Netcool PM'd me last night to say that the cs rep had in fact pushed the wrong file to my modem so he fixed it while I was asleep ;)

Thanks netcool - you rock!!!