Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Revolution

It's back!

I can't particularly say I care much for this show, and I honestly don't even know why I watch it.... maybe because it's due to the lack of really great quality sci-fi (Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Merlin have all gone)... but either way, holy crap at tonight's episode!

Charlie pisses me off, and Danny is kinda stupid.

LOVE Giancarlo Esposito! He's an AMAZING villain!!!! Loved him ever since I first saw him on Breaking Bad!

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Spike Lee's "School Daze" in 1988 was the first time I watched Giancarlo Esposito work. A great actor indeed.

It's a weak show overall IMO but it does have a few gems. I have said all along that I thought the brother was little more then a stage prop, a goal, something for the main characters to obtain,..... I'm glad that part of the show is over with though,...because he was a paper thin character with little to no worth to the show,..

Tracy Spiridakos aka Charlie Matheson IMO is so hot that I would listen to her recite the phone book,......so the show could be irredeemable and I'd still watch it for her,.....yeah,...I'm shallow like that

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I forgot it came back on last night but my son remembered a few min after it started.

I'm ok with the show. The helicopter scene at the end, had me smacking my head. Why did they need a pendant to power the rocket? It should have been able to get power from the chopper, no? Shouldn't you just have to get a SAM near a helo and you can get power and shoot it down?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I hope they run it on saturdays, like they did before. Monday nites my DVR is loaded to the gills.

I hope this show turns into something like Rubicon did. Slow, boring, then by the end of the season slams you in the face at 100,000,000 miles an hour.

Meaning Rubicon was awesome, if you stuck around long enough.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

2 recommendations

ZZZZZZZ to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Tracy Spiridakos is definitely the only reason I watch this show.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I haven't seen many comments on this show lately. Not sure how many of you are watching it. I didn't get to see it for a few weeks and have had to watch it online. I finally caught up to this week's episode (haven't seen it yet just caught up to it). But I think I am liking this half of the season much better. The last episode I watched even had us going to Georgia (wow things are much different there).

Anyway if anyone is still watching can someone explain something to me. I thought in the first half of the season they said there were only about 13 pendants. And that they were spread out all over the place. Yet it seems that Monroe has a bunch of them and I have seen a bunch destroyed. Does Randall have a stock pile of these things or where are they coming from?

BTW I am glad they have started to explain the how and why of the blackout. Hmmm I wonder how that works during a thunder storm?
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Guessing a thunderstorm is still far more powerful than the forces that nullify electrical power can counter. However it could make lightning more severe as possibly more charge would have to build up before it could overpower the nullification field and complete the circuit and arc to the nearest ground or opposite charge.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Tracy Spiridakos is definitely the only reason I watch this show.

They need to get with the program and have some kind of beach, lake or pool episode involving all the main characters in swimsuits like the animes manage to do in even their most serious shows.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
Sam Kinison voice:
"Would you just twist your friggin' ankle and get it over with!"
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Wow, it is quite a slam that no one has commented on [Revolution] in a month, especially after the season finale last night!

What a diss!

It's not even considered worthy of comment, making it WORSE than "After Earth" !

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by PX Eliezer1:

Wow, it is quite a slam that no one has commented on [Revolution] in a month, especially after the season finale last night!

What a diss!

It's not even considered worthy of comment, making it WORSE than "After Earth" !

I dont usually watch the episodes as they air. I sometimes watch a few episodes here and there or maybe two or three back to back. So I could be three weeks or so behind. Needless to say I didnt watch the season finale yet.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

said by PX Eliezer1:

What a diss!

I dont usually watch the episodes as they air. I sometimes watch a few episodes here and there or maybe two or three back to back. So I could be three weeks or so behind. Needless to say I didnt watch the season finale yet.

Same here. Gonna watch it later today.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
I missed it too. I plan on watching later today or tomorrow depending on how things go. Too many things going on at home with getting ready for our move to Washington. I had also forgotten Defiance was on but luckily they showed that again later.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Holy Sh*t! I just saw the last episode! WOW!!!

On another note, I'm sick and tired of Charlie. She needs to go.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Holy Sh*t! I just saw the last episode! WOW!!!

When our heroes stopped the electricity suppression field, it was ABSURD to show all the lights come back on right away.

After all those years in the dark, all the power plants would be out of service (coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydroelectric). NO ONE would have been operating the power plants or maintaining the electric grid.

So it was absurd that they just showed things lighting up....

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I'm going to assume by your post that the last episode was worth watching?

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I can't believe they are doing another season of this trash

the season ender pretty much wrapped things up.
I don't understand what more we need to see.

seeing how the World gets back to business as usual *yawn*
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
I had the same thoughts as Gershom.

Also it was so important that they get the journal but it was totally meaningless in turning the power back on. Aaron sits down, enters a few lines of code and 123, the lights are on It's also freaky that I had a Revolution dream the night after the episode that ended on Rachel with the grenade. It took place in the Tower and it turned out Aaron's computer code was used in the blackout and turning the power back on.
PhilMc
join:2013-04-13
Keller, TX

PhilMc to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
OK so we are suppose to believe:

A) little nano bots that suck up all electricity did not just stop everyone's hearts and kill them.
B) the power grid that needs constant and massive maintenance is still functional after sitting there for 20 years.
C) chemical batteries in devices are still good 20 years later
D) nuke silo doors after sitting still for 20 years are just going to work like magic and open when a button is hit
E) Every one of the defense satellites was self adjusting and required no manual orbit adjustments
F) The 20 year max lifespan of satellites (chemical fuel for orbital adjustments) has been broken.
G) Tanks and Helicopters can be made ready after 20 years before the electricity is available (I can only imagine the part replacement list for a tank or heli that's been sitting for 20 years).
H) Gasoline which becomes stale/unsafe after 1 to 2 years (special thanks to the US government for forcing Ethanol into our gas) is somehow perfectly fine after 20 years and none of the jet fuel stored for 20 years has any problems with moisture accumulation.

I really like parts of the show but some of it is so hard to take.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I thought about all of that too, but you know, you just gotta suspend reality and just go with it sometimes...
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I thought about all of that too, but you know, you just gotta suspend reality and just go with it sometimes...

Only if the show otherwise is good enough.

The idea that there would still be electricity around available in an instant, when all the electric generating plants (coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydroelectric) were unmanned and abandoned for years is absurd.

Not to mention that the grid itself needs upkeep, as was said....

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Just watched it. Good episode. Yes I had the same thoughts regarding the right coming back on so easily. Also thought it was silly that they blew a hole under the steel door. But I will watch net season.

Interesting last minute or two.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I just like to watch the Peter Vs Chicken fights between Miles and Monroe.. LOL

Fish face Charlie also, and they killed the hottie

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Does NBC have all the episodes?

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to PX Eliezer1

MVM

to PX Eliezer1
As soon as they showed that global view of the power coming on I thought the same thing. Still I tried to just put it out of my head in order to enjoy the show.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, Revolution reminds me a lot of Lost,.....

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

I've said it before but I'll say it again, Revolution reminds me a lot of Lost,.....

I have to agree. I loved LOST right up until the screwed us with the utterly stupid ending. I felt ever so cheated out of all those weeks of watching it for absolutely NOTHING! >.
TwiztedZero

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
/me kicks DSLr - argh whyfor you make me double post!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
I was just a bit disappointed in the Lost finale, but I have to admit I enjoyed every episode up to that point. It was a really fun ride. Overall I'd say it was a great show.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Yeah I screamed purgatory at the LOST crew, they denied it for years and at the end it was..

Now I'm screaming at the Revolution impossibilities, I wonder what they invent next.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by djlar:

Yeah I screamed purgatory at the LOST crew, they denied it for years and at the end it was..

They probably didn't expect to use purgatory at all either until the end. We were made to believe Lost's finale was planned since season 1, but in truth, they made it up as they went.

So maybe when they denied it, it was true at the time