normal

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to vue666

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

vue, i always meant to ask, how'd you become a Blues fan?

Most of us here cheer for a Canadian team.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
i have a Brett Hull rookie card.

i also had a Terry Sawchuck rookie card, but traded it late in my collector days...i still kept a small collection...had a mint 80-81 Opee Chee complete set...my ex demanded it for our kid...doubtful he has it now (she likely pawned off years ago)...great set, Gretzky 2nd year, Messier rookie, Gartner rookie, fantastic year for great cards.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by dirtyjeffer:

ihad a mint 80-81 Opee Chee complete set...my ex demanded it for our kid...doubtful he has it now (she likely pawned off years ago)

Remind me never to marry... lol
--

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

vue, i always meant to ask, how'd you become a Blues fan?

Most of us here cheer for a Canadian team.

My first year of watching hockey was in 1968. My Dad was a Leafs fan and hated the Habs...

In 1968 the Cup Final was Canadiens vs Blues. I instantly became a huge Glenn Hall, Red Berenson & Plager Brothers fan (Barclay, Bob & Bill)... Blues lost 4 games to ZIP to the Habs but every game was decided by a single goal, I believe 2 went into over time. Glenn Hall won the Conn Smythe...

A goalie from the Halifax neighbouhood who I played scrimage hockey with (Richie Blakey sp?) was drafted by the Blues in the early 1980's...

Been a Blues fan ever since 1968...

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by vue666:

My first year of watching hockey was in 1968. My Dad was a Leafs fan and hated the Habs...

In 1968 the Cup Final was Canadiens vs Blues. I instantly became a huge Glenn Hall, Red Berenson & Plager Brothers fan (Barclay, Bob & Bill)... Blues lost 4 games to ZIP to the Habs but every game was decided by a single goal, I believe 2 went into over time. Glenn Hall won the Conn Smythe...

A goalie from the Halifax neighbouhood who I played scrimage hockey with (Richie Blakey sp?) was drafted by the Blues in the early 1980's...

Been a Blues fan ever since 1968...

Cool, you've basically followed them since their inception. I didn't know you were a fan that long.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to dirtyjeffer

quote:
i have a Brett Hull rookie card.
So do I..

Also have many more including Lafleur,Patrick Roy,Yzerman and Ray Bourque's.

The 80's were a great year for rookie cards.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
Cool! I also have that Sittler rookie. Yours looks to be in better shape than mine, though.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Ya most of my cards are in great shape,although the pics don't do them justice cause they're in plastic binders.
--

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
Mine were inherited from an uncle who didn't collect them for their value, but simply because he liked them as a kid and was a hockey fan. There was no particular attempt on his part to keep them in great shape (not that he abused them either, of course).

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Nowadays most cards have to be in mint shape to be worth any money.

I have about a dozen cards that are worth a fair amount,but I doubt I'll ever sell them............I love looking at them from time to time and reading the stats.
--