J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

iTunes having an issue with Pre-Paid MasterCards?

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with pre-paid MasterCards on US-based iTunes account.

Simply put, you can purchase a Vanilla MasterCard and register it to a US address (I go for Oregon, no taxes). I never had issues before doing this, and it's worked well for the odd purchase as well as subscriptions like HuluPlus. My card ran out of funds, so I purchased a new card, registered to the same zip code as before, however, it keeps getting rejected. So in order to clear up my account, I had to use my Canadian MasterCard, which works when you convert your postal code into a Zip Code. So now I'm stuck in some small hick-town in Virginia...it works, but I prefer not to use my regular card, and don't really want to pay Virginia state tax...

I'm also stuck with this MasterCard which I may not be able to use in Canada at all....damn.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
I have had tons of trouble with iTunes and gift cards for two years. Apple still has my money. For me the money is not worth the hassle to use the service. I can buy a CD with much less trouble. Try a gift card and don't throw it away. You will need the same number to get back in the second time. It is one of their little secrets.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
I've never had issues with gift cards, but they're only used, and can only be used, on Canadian accounts.

This is odd though, they won't take an American MasterCard (valid zip code) but they did take my Canadian MasterCard with a fake address that I extracted out of my current postal code, that's is three letters and three numbers...I simply used the first three numbers of postal code and added a random number for last 2 digits...so now I'm from freaking Virginia. So these online retailers only check the first three numbers. Good to know.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
I can't use a laptop due to vision issues. When I bought my last Mac I opted for the newest processor, a larger drive, and more RAM. I bought the external CD/DVD drive. I also bought an external hard drive for backup. I have not been disappointed and I do pretty intensive stuff.

Most laptops can be hooked up to an external KMM if needed.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by linicx:

I can't use a laptop due to vision issues. When I bought my last Mac I opted for the newest processor, a larger drive, and more RAM. I bought the external CD/DVD drive. I also bought an external hard drive for backup. I have not been disappointed and I do pretty intensive stuff.

Most laptops can be hooked up to an external KMM if needed.

Oh yes..I remember that now.

Did you know that iTunes can now read the 300 digit code on those gift cards? Only on Macs, not iPad or iPhones.
--