how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

s0dhi

join:2011-08-02
Brampton, ON
reply to SimplePanda

Re: [DSL] 50/10 VDSL2 upgrade arrived. :)

Folks, how long did it take between your order and the profile becoming active?

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

Yet i already have heard rumors of 75/10 fttn coming p:)

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to s0dhi

said by s0dhi:

Mine was activated on the day of installation.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to morisato

said by morisato:

Would be nice, but no luck for us on stingers...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

s0dhi

Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to bjlockie

said by bjlockie:

said by s0dhi:

Oh okay. I'm not having a new install, I'm upgrading from 25/10 to 50/10.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to morisato

said by morisato:

Does the Sagemcom go that high in router mode?

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to s0dhi

said by s0dhi:

said by bjlockie:

said by s0dhi:

Oh okay. I'm not having a new install, I'm upgrading from 25/10 to 50/10.

TekSavvy will send you a confirmation email that will have the date it is active.
The time probably depends how busy Bell is.

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to s0dhi

Few things:

- Yes, the 50/10 speed I posted are direct via the Sagemcom (not bridged). Bridged it varies a lot. Can be as high as 40Mbps and as low as 35Mbps. MTU tweaking doesn't make any difference.

- Performance is what it says. The SpeedTest to TekSavvy gives basically 50/10 solid and I'm seeing that out in the internet as well. I downloaded Bioshock Infinite (6.5GB) at 3am when it released (PS3 version) and it took about 20-25 minutes to download. I imagine there was a touch of congestion on the PSN servers or it would have been faster. Once Bioshock was downloaded I grabbed a few iTunes episodes I had queued up and they all came in pretty much saturating the 50Mbps link.

- I ordered on the 20th. The rep who took my order on the phone said I was the first person he had talked to about 50Mbps and that the prices had been online for 15 minutes. It was an upgrade from 25/10 and it went active at around 2:45am on the 26th. This was in-line with that the rep told me (5 business days).

I have my own Sagemcom (bought off eBay for $10) so my TSI 25/10 was "officially" via a 7330 flashed CellPipe. As such, Bell sent me a new Sagemcom and I received that on the 22nd. TSI never mentioned this would happen but given that the CellPipe's can't handle 50Mbps throughout even in router mode I assume Bell was looking to avoid the inevitable complaints that would result from giving 50Mbps service to customers with Bell mandated hardware that couldn't handle the throughput.

Yesterday (Monday) I received a return stick from Bell in the mail. It informs me that they are sad I am cancelling my Bell service (which I don't have) and instructs me on how to send my modem back (graphically, it shows a 2Wire ADSL modem). I'm assuming this is for returning my Cellpipe.

So far no issues and sync has been solid since the profile was flipped.

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to bjlockie

said by bjlockie:

said by morisato:

Does the Sagemcom go that high in router mode?

Yes. The Sagemcom is used via it's Ethernet WAN (red) port for FTTH and will do 175/175 if it's acting as the router. All of it's performance issues are in it's PPPoE passthrough, which gives me hope that a firmware upgrade will fix that as the router performance implies that it should be able to handle it.

s0dhi

Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda:

I have my own Sagemcom (bought off eBay for $10) so my TSI 25/10 was "officially" via a 7330 flashed CellPipe. As such, Bell sent me a new Sagemcom and I received that on the 22nd. TSI never mentioned this would happen but given that the CellPipe's can't handle 50Mbps throughout even in router mode I assume Bell was looking to avoid the inevitable complaints that would result from giving 50Mbps service to customers with Bell mandated hardware that couldn't handle the throughput.

I'm on a 7330 as well but I am using a Zyxel (»www.zyxel.com/uk/en/products_ser···es.shtml) running is bridged mode that I purchased during the Cellpipe firmware fiasco. I have a Cellpipe sitting collecting dust.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda:

Few things:

- Yes, the 50/10 speed I posted are direct via the Sagemcom (not bridged). Bridged it varies a lot. Can be as high as 40Mbps and as low as 35Mbps. MTU tweaking doesn't make any difference.

The only way to reach 40mbps with a Sagemcom when bridge... is when you put a bad user name or password in the PPPOE of the Sagemcom.

But at one point the Sagemcom puts back the user name and password of the Sagemcom and activates a PPPOE session in the Sagemcom again, which brings back the speed to around 35mbps.

rjburke377

join:2011-08-12
reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda:

Few things:

- I ordered on the 20th. The rep who took my order on the phone said I was the first person he had talked to about 50Mbps and that the prices had been online for 15 minutes. It was an upgrade from 25/10 and it went active at around 2:45am on the 26th. This was in-line with that the rep told me (5 business days).

Yesterday (Monday) I received a return stick from Bell in the mail. It informs me that they are sad I am cancelling my Bell service (which I don't have) and instructs me on how to send my modem back (graphically, it shows a 2Wire ADSL modem). I'm assuming this is for returning my Cellpipe.

So far no issues and sync has been solid since the profile was flipped.

Thank you very much for this post. Thus far my experience is identical to yours including the time to get the Sagemcom via XpressPost, and the 5 business days to activate (although mine spanned Good Friday).

The early morning previous to the successful activation my internet dropped completely and my profile bounced around for a bit the next morning (from 15/10 and back to 25/7 after a reset between each change). Could have been co-incidence, but I decided to swap the new Sagemcom as my gateway and replace my existing self-supplied Sagemcom. Monday morning I woke to find this:

When the modem stuff is nailed down I'd like to return both the CellPipe and newly supplied Sagemcom and just go with my self supplied Sagemcom.

As always TekSavvy was perfectly clear with their change fee and instructions, professional and courteous. A+++