Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

[BT] Reliable TV Torrent site?

Hi:

Been using eztv.it for TV torrents. They are very reliable and allow setting up a favorites page which is useful for following TV shows. I am looking for a backup site. Anyone know of a good user-friendly TV torrent site similar to eztv?

TIA

dks7

join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA

Bitmetv is probably the best tv site out there, but its private, and requires an invite.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

Thanks, it looks like an interesting site. I will have to go fishing for an invite. Don't know how to go about that exactly though.

I run an off-shore seed box on a very high speed connection and usually seed better than 4:1. It's usually not even intentional, I get the typical 40 minute HD tv (about 1GB) in about 2 minutes, so by the time I get back to the shell the ratios are pretty high. Of course, the eztv.it trackers are public, and so my server makes a ton of connections. Maybe it would not be as fast on a private tracker with far fewer connections.

I have forgotten to drop rtorrent at times and seen 30:1 ratios :-( But the provider allows me 500GB/Mo throughput before they bill above the $15.00/Mo. It takes far longer to ftp the files to my home network than it takes to actually get them to the server.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Looks like the sort of site I would like to make my primary source, provided the access speeds are reasonable.

--
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people"

dks7

Omak, WA

Keeping a good ratio on bmtv even with a seedbox is not easy, the place is heavily seeded. I would throw you an invite, but I don't know you, and they are strict on inviting people you do not know.

TamaraB
Premium
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

I understand. From what you say I would have to operate my seedbox in a very different way to maintain a respectable ratio. I am renting an offshore CentOs VPS (all command-line) I ssh in run rTorrent under screen, allow a good ratio, then disconnect. The entire process takes little time because of the huge population. I can get 3-4 current TV shows in HD, and rack up an average of 3 to 4 to 1 ratio and be logging off within 30 minutes. It looks like to do a similar thing on bmtv, I would have to leave rTorrent running all the time. That would be more work and hassle than I am willing to devote.

The only upside to a private tracker, as far as I can see, is the security offered against the MAFFIA. That's something I am not concerned with, as I do no P2P from my own network, and only run ssh and sftp to/from the seed box, which is International and keeps no logs.

The reason I am looking for a backup site is that eztv.it, while a great resource, has been down a lot lately. So, I guess I would modify my original query: looking for a public TV torrent site.

Thanks again, and Cheers

--
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people"

dks7

Omak, WA

The other advantage is how well things are seeded and the speed you will see when downloading.

LocutusBorg
Premium
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA
reply to TamaraB

i have the same reservation about Bitmetv. BUT, i can give you an invite to tvtorrents. it has more content that bitme and you can seed better

nikmagid

join:2001-04-19
Los Angeles, CA

eztv. has all the current shows sorted by release date. and also has older shows by name.

LocutusBorg
Premium
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

yeh but, eztv is not organized at all. AND seeding there sucks

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY
kudos:1

Eztv just aggregates the torrents. It isn't a tracker.

TamaraB
Premium
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to LocutusBorg

said by LocutusBorg:

i have the same reservation about Bitmetv. BUT, i can give you an invite to tvtorrents. it has more content that bitme and you can seed better

Yes Please. I have looked at the site, and it seems like a good source. I guess you can PM me the details.

Thankee thankee!!

TamaraB
Premium
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to nikmagid

said by nikmagid:

eztv. has all the current shows sorted by release date. and also has older shows by name.

Yes, that's what I like about them. I can go there and see when the next episode of stuff I follow shows up. I like the fact that you can set up your own page of favorites to track.

TamaraB
Premium
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to LocutusBorg

said by LocutusBorg:

yeh but, eztv is not organized at all. AND seeding there sucks

Well, but you get to organize stuff yourself. I don't understand what you mean by "seeding sucks" ??