Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [Parts Check] Looking For Mobo

I believe both the Pro and non-Pro are SATA III. Here's a side by side comparison of 250/256 (2) non-Pro and Pro:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Productco···24%24%24

The 500GB is outside my price range (200) although I wish I could get one. I'm a bit cramped (65% full) on my 120 because friggin' WoW is so damned big.
--
How Sweet it is! On to DC to face #1 seed Indiana. Just wish we didn't have to play so damned late.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by kingdome74:

The 500GB is outside my price range (200) although I wish I could get one. I'm a bit cramped (65% full) on my 120 because friggin' WoW is so damned big.

You could do, what I did with my sons' WoW machine. Jus' buy a smallish SSD, (128GB) is fine. Plenty big enough for WoW, and all patches.

I just installed WoW to the small SSD, and put a short-cut on the desk-top pointing to the executable on the SSD. Starts fast & runs great. So far, it's about the same space used, as when I installed a couple of years ago.

Of course it's REALLY nice to have your OS on an SSD, but this is a cheaper alternative, and still keep that blazin' fast load time, and dramatically decreased lag in WoW.

Good luck!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
That is a good idea. I went with a 250 GB Samsung 840 so I could put Win 8 and WoW on the same drive. Between the two of them that should eat up a good hunk of the drive. The only other thing I will add to it is some security programs making sure I stay below 50% full.

I received all of my gear yesterday and I ordered the Vapor-X 7950 this morning. All that's left is ordering the 3770K which I might wait until Monday to see if the prices drop off the weekend. I noticed they ticked up this morning.
--
Lost to Marquette during the season so beating them to get into the Final Four would be oh so sweet.