spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pc8888
join:2011-05-31
estonia

pc8888

[DSL] DSL 25 Install Tech visit

I just ordered DSL25 and the CSR mentioned there will be 2 tech visits, 12-5pm and 5-9pm. She said the 5-9pm tech need to come inside the house.

My question is do I need to be home for the first tech visit (12-5pm)? I am in Mississauga if that make a difference.

TIA
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie

said by pc8888:

I just ordered DSL25 and the CSR mentioned there will be 2 tech visits, 12-5pm and 5-9pm. She said the 5-9pm tech need to come inside the house.

My question is do I need to be home for the first tech visit (12-5pm)? I am in Mississauga if that make a difference.

TIA

Apparently.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to pc8888

Premium Member

to pc8888
Hi pc8888,

If you were advised that the 2 techs are coming out, yes, I would stay home for both. We usually don't say between 12-5 and 5-9 anymore since there has been instances where the 5-9 tech shows up before 5pm.

We had customers where the 1st tech came at 2 (let's say) and the customer left thinking they had some free time. when they came back the second tech had shown up before 5 and left a note on their door.

I would recommend to stay from 12-9 until both techs came to avoid any delays in installation.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to pc8888

Premium Member

to pc8888
The first tech sometimes does not come to the house at all... They didn't in my case.
Ares45
Premium Member
join:2007-11-14

Ares45

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

The first tech sometimes does not come to the house at all... They didn't in my case.

Me neither.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Unfortunately that's one thing we can't predict. Some cases both show up, some other cases only one shows. We have to advise about both techs in every cases since it is what we are advised.

I wouldn't risk leaving after one tech shows up. I recommend to really free up your day (12-9) to ensure you are there and avoid any delays.
bjlockie
Ontario

bjlockie

Are both techs from Bell?

I don't expect the first to show up since I am already on a remote and had DSL before.

I don't know what the 2nd tech is for, it's not like he can rewire my apartment.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

One is a Bell technician and the other is a Telecon technician.
TSI Jonathan

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Here is an old communication that we had received to inform our customers:

“Tech 1”, which in almost all cases will be a Bell technician, he is making sure that the framework (Bell’s Equipment including CO/Local Node…) is completed. In some cases, the technician may need to visit the premises to complete his work. It is not guaranteed that this technician will be present at the customer’s premises and if he is, he may not necessarily be able to call the customer ahead of time.

“Tech 2”, which in almost all cases will be a Telecon technician. This technician will always be present at the customer’s premises as he will be installing a POTS Splitter and testing the connection for results. The Telecon technician may not always be able to contact the customer prior to the visit.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
SLAMtech
join:2009-12-03

SLAMtech to pc8888

to pc8888
The only thing the Bell tech is required to do is verify service and tag it at the nid. You may not even notice the tech came or not. For MDU's you will need to be home 100% as the dmarc jack is inside the apartment.

All Bell is required to do is provide service to the nid which some people don't get and they expect the tech to come inside. That's the 3rd parties responsibility.
bjlockie
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56

bjlockie

said by SLAMtech:

The only thing the Bell tech is required to do is verify service and tag it at the nid. You may not even notice the tech came or not. For MDU's you will need to be home 100% as the dmarc jack is inside the apartment.

All Bell is required to do is provide service to the nid which some people don't get and they expect the tech to come inside. That's the 3rd parties responsibility.

Is the nid in the basement and the demarc jack is in my apartment?

If they can't call, they probably won't reach me.
If they luck out and someone lets them in, they can knock.
SLAMtech
join:2009-12-03

SLAMtech

If its an apartment we need to make sure DSL is making it to the main riser jack and verify sync with the exfo/3m meter.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by SLAMtech:

If its an apartment we need to make sure DSL is making it to the main riser jack and verify sync with the exfo/3m meter.

I'm in a house, but the guy didn't even come to my house and test the line... In fact all they did was switch the line to the Stinger remote, left it at the default 3008/800 profile, and they only turned up the VDSL profile later at night around 10pm or so...

So for all that bullshit Bell put in the tariffs that they have to "test & condition" the line for FTTN products is hogwash if some techs don't do it... And worst part is, the customer pays for the install so there's no reason why this wouldn't be done.
pc8888
join:2011-05-31
estonia

pc8888

Amazing.. super quick response here.

It is a house and last time I am using bell line is 20 years ago. The tech better show up and fix it up.

Thanks Jonathan and everybody for your advise.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

He should... If he doesn't, let us know and we will send the hounds

StupifyBell
@start.ca

StupifyBell to SLAMtech

Anon

to SLAMtech
Is Tech1 at least supposed to ensure that there IS a NID (exterior demarc)? Or, if the service works without one, do they let that little detail slide?

Anoman
@yolau.net

Anoman to pc8888

Anon

to pc8888
Do I need a Tech if I order DSL 7/1 mbps (FTTN)? If so do I need to be home or they work outside my house? Any fees apart from the 50$ activation? Thanks!

TSI Ashleigh
Premium Member
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Ashleigh

Premium Member

Hello,

StupifyBell: There doesn't necessarily need to be a NID, however the technician will ensure the signal is coming into the house.

Anoman: If you are changing the the 7 mbps connection. You would make a payment of 1st month of service and activation, modem (if you need a modem), and taxes. This connection is on the FTTN (fibre to the node) two technicians come out for the install, the time frame is mon-fri from 12 pm to 9 pm.

Thanks again

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Ares45

to Ares45
said by Ares45:

said by HiVolt:

Me neither.

Same here.

tsicustomer0
@teksavvy.com

tsicustomer0 to TSI Jonathan

Anon

to TSI Jonathan
How is a pots splitter installed? Is it at the demarcation? How long does it take?

Anoman
@lezexperts.com

Anoman to TSI Ashleigh

Anon

to TSI Ashleigh
Thank you!
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

1 edit

donkey77 to tsicustomer0

to tsicustomer0
mine was installed inside the house at the point of where the main telephone line enters.

I had everything ready for the tech, it took him under 5 minutes to install the pots splitter.

Like others in this thread, the first (bell) tech never showed up.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Click for full size
I installed it myself a year ago... nothing special...
bjlockie
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56

bjlockie to Mike2009

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

said by Ares45:

said by HiVolt:

Me neither.

Same here.

Same.

The second tech came to my apartment but it was already working well so he left.

How much are pots splitters worth, maybe I should have asked for one.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Worth? in bulk i cant see it costing more than $10...

lleader
join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON

lleader to pc8888

to pc8888
In my case, the second (inside) tech came first - about two hours before the 12-9 time frame, 10 am or so. He installed the splitter and ran a new line to where I wanted it through an unfinished basement to a hole in the floor I had already drilled. He hooked up the Cellpipe modem I had received a couple of days earlier and of course it didn't work. I hooked up my ADSL 2-Wire on the new line and it did work.

A few hours later I noticed the 2-Wire had lost sync so I replaced it with the Cellpipe and 25/7 was up and running. No other tech came to my house. This was January 2012.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

That tag says it all doesn't it ? Bell CAUTION

nanook
MVM
join:2007-12-02

nanook to pc8888

MVM

to pc8888
I've got a 15/1 install scheduled for tomorrow. I'm already on 6/0.8 to a remote. I also already have a POTS splitter that I bought and installed about 8 years ago.

Do I need a new splitter? Will the tech install one regardless?

Also I have my splitter wired so that filtered POTS goes throughout the house on one twisted pair and unfiltered DSL goes on the other pair where I pick it up at my computer. Will the tech have any problem with that since it's not "standard" wiring?

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

said by HiVolt:

That tag says it all doesn't it ? Bell CAUTION

Haha... Yeah... I'm surprised it doesn't say "IF YOU GO WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER YOU WILL DIE"

But then again, this is a 25 year old house...
afterburn999
join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON

afterburn999 to pc8888

to pc8888
Does anyone know how the install will go for me?

I have an alarm system connected to my phone line, will the POTS splitter effect that in anyway?

And do they test the DSL connection where the line comes in or in the room where the connection will be?