Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jeremiah2305

join:2013-03-21
Tacoma, WA

4 edits

Arris TG862 New Firmware released

Finally we get the new firmware pushed to this device after waiting so long. I reset my modem, which took about 10 mins, and this is what I've got now. They said April would be the likely date for this but looks like we got it a early. Hopefully they've done something with ipv6 and the annoying dns timeouts. Now all we need is a Comcast Employee to confirm the changes made in the update.

Old Firmware: 7.4.63
Packet Cable: 1.5

New Firmware: eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.6.59
Software Image Name: TS070659_121312_MODEL_862_GW_CT
Packet Cable: 1.5

Edit: Looks like ipv6 is now supported, Dynamic DNS is there, and wifi setting have been upgraded

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:79

1 recommendation

said by jeremiah2305:

Finally we get the new firmware pushed to this device after waiting so long. I reset my modem, which took about 10 mins, and this is what I've got now. They said April would be the likely date for this but looks like we got it a early.

You are in the soak area, new code gets soaked in a smaller area before pushed national.

said by jeremiah2305:

Hopefully they've done something with ipv6 and the annoying dns timeouts. Now all we need is a Comcast Employee to confirm the changes made in the update.

I can confirm the new firmware has IPv6 CPE support, we are trailing it with users right now. PM me your cable modem MAC and I will add you to the trial users for dual-stack on that device.

dkincaid

@comcast.net
Received this update today, now I have horrible wifi performance. Drop outs, high ping times. I really hope a fix is in the works.

jeremiah2305

Tacoma, WA
said by dkincaid :

Received this update today, now I have horrible wifi performance. Drop outs, high ping times. I really hope a fix is in the works.

I did see a bit of slowdown earlier in the day regarding my wifi speeds and after checking the rf parameters I saw some uncorrectables in the downstream but nothing too major. I think they are still working on the CMTS.

noomi85

@comcastbusiness.net
does this also address the issue with connecting wireless to xbox 360 slim models?

Also having multiple drops in connection through wireless and ethernet wired connection...

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
said by noomi85 :

does this also address the issue with connecting wireless to xbox 360 slim models?

Also having multiple drops in connection through wireless and ethernet wired connection...

I just asked the team what works on the firmware releases they said yes it should. So if you still have issues please post here please..
--
Comcaster.. Network Engineer with NETO

noomi85

@comcastbusiness.net
Thanks for the reply netdog, I'll give this a shot when I get home and report back here. Also do you work with either comcast or arris?

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO

1 recommendation

reply to jeremiah2305
Comcast I am the Operations IPv6 Engineer.. Soaks are in limited areas so it is going to be hit or miss for you..
--

noomi85

@comcast.net
Alright! Just tried to connect with my xbox 360 slim model, and it went through just fine! I know many people on the comcast support forums will be happy about this.

While it does fix the xbox issue, it seems there are now new issues present. Wifi on my devices is now dropping.

stcwest

@sbw.us
reply to jeremiah2305
I got the upgrade as well. Wish I had not. WiFi performance is atrocious. Slower than ever. Intermittent WiFi signal drops. WiFi activity light on the awful gateway is continuously blinking even though all WiFi devices are off.

I've recently switched to Comcast from uverse. Biggest mistake. Comcast has been nothing but a headache. Their gateway is probably the worst out there. Pure junk that works when it wants to. WiFi isn't rocket science. Or maybe it is with Comcast.

I am in suburban Chicago

miami786male

join:2008-06-30
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jeremiah2305
how did your get that comcast miami still has
Firmware Name: TS070463A_011312_MODEL_862_GW_CT
Firmware Build Time: Fri Jan 13 20:21:42 EST 2012
eSAFE 0 FW Revision: 1.0.14_1110
is that a way to manually upload it to the modem or a web site ?

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
reply to jeremiah2305
Comcast has rolled back this code, please reboot your device and you will get the old code version.. 7.4.63A
--

miami786male

join:2008-06-30
Miami, FL

1 edit
Netdog, is my code still up to date or do i also need to reboot ?

jeremiah2305

Tacoma, WA

1 edit
So the code was rolled back but something is now wrong with my provisioning and some things are not configured correctly in the config IP. I now have the old blast speeds once again. I'm returning this thing tomorrow, I've had enough of this device.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
said by jeremiah2305:

So the code was rolled back but something is now wrong with my provisioning and some things are not configured correctly in the config IP. I now have the old blast speeds once again. I'm returning this thing tomorrow, I've had enough of this device.

I am checking on this now..
--

vvyk3d

join:2004-01-27
Elk Grove Village, IL
No rollback for me in the chicago area. Reset, unplugged, swore at it, chanted, no luck. Still stuck with the "improved" firmware. Wireless dropping and slow connections etc. Called comcast and the very "pleasant woman" said that they don't support wireless issues but have a wonderful team for a premium fee to help me with my problem. Apparently the concept of it worked before you pushed the firmware escaped her.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
said by vvyk3d:

No rollback for me in the chicago area. Reset, unplugged, swore at it, chanted, no luck. Apparently the concept of it worked before you pushed the firmware escaped her.

Please PM me your cable modem (RF) MAC address, I will take a look at it...
--