Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23
reply to StuartMW

Re: Think layers of security is all that? Think again

Well, here my rule of thumb...

I think one should set up two PCs one with sensitive data on it which would NOT connect to the outside world except within inside a corporate network. In addition, not to allow ANY kind of USB sticks, DVDs on that PC and I would disable USBStore. And use full HDD encryption.

One PC, for general use.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
said by slajoh01:

I think one should set up two PCs one with sensitive data on it which would NOT connect to the outside world except within inside a corporate network. In addition, not to allow ANY kind of USB sticks, DVDs on that PC and I would disable USBStore. And use full HDD encryption.

One PC, for general use.

Good idea, provided everyone has 2 PCs.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by jaykaykay:

Good idea, provided everyone has 2 PCs.

I have three plus a tablet and a Windows Mobile device. Now I'm confused as to what to use
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

reply to slajoh01
said by slajoh01:

One PC, for general use.

It would reduce risk but even that wouldn't be fool proof. You'd have to apply those rules to all the computers on the network. It all boils down to the level motivation and resources of those that want to get in. (Think of stuxnet).