uniqs
share rss forum feed
Expand your moderator at work

depster

join:2001-06-07
united state
reply to Revarc

Re: IT battle: T1 vs Comcast Business help update IT info

There are many ways you could go, but considering the necessity of the internet connection for your various locations to operate - I would only recommend the Ethernet or Enterprise Internet solutions from Comcast.

These services will place you closer to the core of Comcast's network and will more reliable than their residential/SMB cable service.

Best option is to contact their Business Sales team - (877) 209-6358
Expand your moderator at work

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to Revarc

Re: IT battle: T1 vs Comcast Business help update IT info

First off I would recommend a different forum for you to look into this. This forum for the most part is anti cable mongering with a few techies chiming in from time to time, you will probably find better interoffice correspondence and professional IT facts to refute this claim or support it, in the networking forum s at toms hardware, or anandtech.

These are populated by people who do IT for a living in my experience and these are the people you need to talk to about this. Or at least the people who can answer this. There are those who use third party VOIP providers over networks as well as those who support comcast's and other cable companies VOIP.

From my casual reading it seems there are some issues with comcast and cable co voip for larger businesses, whether its cost or reliability I am unsure but since the internet they use on the third party side experiences the exact same problems one would assume it is not a technical thing unless its the ability to use a DSL backup service to keep phone running with the third party and that may very well be what they decided to do..

ComcastVic
Comcast Vic
Premium,VIP
join:2013-01-16
Philadelphia, PA
reply to Revarc
Revarc thank you for the post, I would suggest taking a look at this site for a more resourceful and informational place about the T1s and the Comcast Business services. I would suggest looking into the benefits of our Ethernet Data services as it would most likely fit your needs on the upgrades you are looking to make on your communications needs.

»business.comcast.com/enterprise/···ces/data

You may also private message me your information and I will see to your needs as well. Thank you -Vic

JJJohnson

join:2001-08-25
Fort Collins, CO
reply to Revarc
said by Revarc :

I am in the process of attempting to get my company to switch internet and voice providers and get away from the T1 lines we are currently using.

Why? What's your position in the company and what do you have to gain from the switch?

If you're actually suggesting any type of Comcast service as an alternative to a known-reliable T1 service, prepare to be laughed out of a job.

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

1 recommendation

said by JJJohnson:

If you're actually suggesting any type of Comcast service as an alternative to a known-reliable T1 service, prepare to be laughed out of a job.

In my ever humble opinion; if he/she gets laughed out of their job for suggesting the evaluation of other service providers such as Comcast then life just granted them a gigantic boon - as that company won't be around for much longer.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..

1 recommendation

reply to JJJohnson
You sound like a AT&T tech. Cocky as if only the Telco can provide "quality". Even though I don't agree with the OP over Comcast business class cable he does have a valid point in looking towards another provider for his voice and data needs if need be.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
reply to Revarc
My recommendation for you is to keep the T1's for voice because that's a absolute must but you can go cheaper with data.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
But if the OP'S primary focus was cost, having to pay for a T1 /and/ a Comcast Biz line wouldn't be ideal. If data speeds were the goal then yeah having both would probably make sense!
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
if you are going to split, probably you can cut back on the T-1