share rss forum feed

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

1 recommendation

Time Lapse Making of '13 Final 4 Court

I know this isn't per say "home improvement" but thought it might be appreciated here.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzuNtNl···youtu.be

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
I've never seen a ride on floor sander before.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3
reply to VioletVenom
Where are the fans supposed to sit in that place? Looks smaller than my old high school...

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to VioletVenom
If you're curious as to what happens to the floor after the nets are cut down, read more here:
»www.nj.com/college-basketball/in···ife.html

I was surprised to find out that the regional and final four games are new every year. I guess it makes sense from a practical stand point not having to strip, paint, play, then restrip and repaint to return it back to original.

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to VioletVenom
UK bought the one from the finals last year after winning the championship. They cut it up and used it for flooring in their new locker room, as well as selling some pieces to fans for momentous.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
The Gators did the same thing, we have the '06 court installed in the O Dome. Shameless plug ... Go Gators! Nervous about tonight's game.

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA
reply to mattmag
said by mattmag:

Where are the fans supposed to sit in that place? Looks smaller than my old high school...

That's just the Connor facility. They break the floor down into pieces and transport it then put it back together.
--
"Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others." - Winston Churchill