dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick to Jase6

ISP Employee

to Jase6

Re: [Fusion] Fusion service speed problem

You will generally see an inverse relation between SNR and speed. We could set the SNR target higher, but that would usually cause a decrease in speed. 6db is the normal baseline; below that point, you may run into intermittency if there is noise on the line (although I've seen it run at 3db with no problems on clean lines). Right now, we're seeing a roughly 50% increase in speed on your downstream, so that might be perfectly normal... but it might be possible to tweak it further. Send me an IM with your account info and I'll have a tech look into this for you.
Jase6
join:2013-03-26
Hawthorne, CA

Jase6

Ok, I have just spoken to a tech (I'm sorry, I didn't catch his name) dispatched by Nick and he resolved both my upstream and ping issues. He also estimated my distance from the CO at about 9500 feet, so that would explain my limited download rate.

As long as the current performance holds out, I think I am good to go, but I do have one more question. I'm showing a number of HEC (header error correction?) and super frame errors. Are these anything I need to be concerned about?

Thanks for the quick responses Nick and Norman, I really appreciate it.

-Jason

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

If you were seeing an excessive number of errors, then that'd be an issue, but you're not, so... no, not really. No need to be concerned, as it's perfectly normal for there to be some errors on the line (that's one of the things Interleave helps compensate, which lets you run at higher overall speeds with slightly higher ping time). If it does get out of hand, let us know and we can adjust the line settings to compensate.

The tech you worked with today was Esteban, btw.