spc
uniqs
FirebirdTN
join:2012-12-13
Brighton, TN

FirebirdTN to Dumaine

to Dumaine

Re: Speed Bump

WOW! Just had a very pleasant conversion with "sortofageek" who at first closed my thread because he though I was inquiring about these rumored speed upgrades.

As it turns out, he knows WAAAAY more than the knucklehead tech who showed up this morning.

This probably varies from Market to market, but here is what sortofageek told me [and it seems to agree with what I thought]:

I was on the "performance" tier, but the "speed bump" was supposed to move me up to the "blast" tier.

Anyway, when I became a customer last year my actual shaper probe speeds were:

25/4

I had some issues, swapped equipment and got knocked down to:

16/2

I called comcast two different times on Sunday, all said it was provisioned correct.

Tech came out today and said "your initial speeds must have been wrong, and the 16/2 is what you should have had all along". This knucklehead didn't even know what "powerboost" or shaper probe was. He certainly didn't know what "Speed Bump" was. He had never heard of it, even though he read it right off my bill. He called his supervisor, and HE had never heard of it. He called someone in Memphis (supervisor or just another tech, I'm not sure) and HE had never heard of it.

Anyway, I called AGAIN, and finally landed on the BEST tech I have ever dealt with when calling Comcast.

The only thing that made me nervous, is when he finished up I'm getting:

50/10

He assured me he didn't change any billing codes, but I'm just paranoid that my bill will go up, so that I why I created this thread. I was just looking for clarification.

-Alan

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

Thanks for coming back to tell us your issue is resolved. We like to know things work out well for people.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

1 recommendation

Thordrune to FirebirdTN

Premium Member

to FirebirdTN
25/4 was the former Blast speed (and 16/2 a long time ago), and a few recent threads here referenced $10/month more for Blast over Performance (it varies by area though). Based on what information you've provided, 50/10 should be the correct speed and you shouldn't see an increase on your bill.