All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to yhp

to yhp

Re: Ordered Digital Economy, received Digital Starter?

said by yhp:

said by GusHerb:

Also have on demand which I thought Digital Economy is not supposed to receive?

I've had access to On Demand with my Digital Econ (TV-only) sub since my area went to A30. Before A30, DE would only get me an error message and an invitation to call some 1-800 number if I tried to access On Demand. I didn't change STBs when I "dumbed down" to DE from Starter (and lost OnDemand) a year or 2 ago.

Guess I'll get my letter soon about being a leech at Comcast's generosity and expense.

Our extra channels finally disappeared after this past Sunday. On Demand is still working just fine, I'm thinking it may have something to do with having Streampix, as you can access that through OD.

Now that the extra channels are gone I have absolutely no interest in watching the cable anymore! Pretty much all of it is junk, gotta upgrade for anything half decent to watch. That's why I just stick to Netflix and internet streaming. Oh well.

What's A30?
yhp
join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA

yhp

What's A30?

A software update to Motorola boxes from A28. I got mine sometime in Feb., I think. It finally introduced closed-captioning control without turning the STB off, and it was also a prerequisite for external-drive (eSata) service, which Comcast enabled separately in limited markets, shortly after the software upgrade.

Also, I watched an XOD show this morning (Colbert) because Comedy Central was unavailable last night. I got a warning before the show rolled that I might not be able to fast-forward, but it turned out not to be the case.
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to GusHerb

to GusHerb
Streampix was originally marketed as similar to Neflix. I previously sold many Blast Plus packages because of this add on and the basic channels with Digital Economy. From the Comcast website: " Instantly stream thousands of TV shows and movies to any screen - your TV (in high-definition), laptop, tablet or smartphone. You'll enjoy full seasons of top television shows and a deep catalog of movies anytime, anyplace. This new library of movies and TV shows complements what is currently available on XFINITY TV. With XFINITY Streampix, you'll enjoy:

A single destination for video entertainment – no need to subscribe to multiple services
Instant access on your television from the XFINITY On Demand menu – no set-up, no buffering, no waiting
Instant access on other devices through xfinity.com/tv and the XFINITY TV Remote app (now available for Apple and Android devices)
Thousands of television episodes, past seasons of hit TV shows from yesterday and today – including 30 Rock, Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, Lost and dozens of others*
Hundreds of movies, including top titles like: When Harry Met Sally, Ocean’s 11, Analyze That*
Unlimited viewing - watch as often as you want, anytime you want".

Have you explored Streampix to see what content is available?
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

said by NightOwl2:

Streampix was originally marketed as similar to Neflix. I previously sold many Blast Plus packages because of this add on and the basic channels with Digital Economy. From the Comcast website: " Instantly stream thousands of TV shows and movies to any screen - your TV (in high-definition), laptop, tablet or smartphone. You'll enjoy full seasons of top television shows and a deep catalog of movies anytime, anyplace. This new library of movies and TV shows complements what is currently available on XFINITY TV. With XFINITY Streampix, you'll enjoy:

A single destination for video entertainment – no need to subscribe to multiple services
Instant access on your television from the XFINITY On Demand menu – no set-up, no buffering, no waiting
Instant access on other devices through xfinity.com/tv and the XFINITY TV Remote app (now available for Apple and Android devices)
Thousands of television episodes, past seasons of hit TV shows from yesterday and today – including 30 Rock, Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, Lost and dozens of others*
Hundreds of movies, including top titles like: When Harry Met Sally, Ocean’s 11, Analyze That*
Unlimited viewing - watch as often as you want, anytime you want".

Have you explored Streampix to see what content is available?

Yeah I've checked out Streampix on the Xfinity site. It all seems a little complicated to navigate but seems there is a good bit there.
It seems a week after we signed up for BlastPlus they did away with the 12 month promo, and the included Streampix. Now it's a 6 month promo with HBO or something like that.