Really?

Come on.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2

The other ones were out in the truck!!! Too far to walk!

Besides... he gets to bill for more parts if he throws in an extra "jumper" here and there.

bbrcat
Cancer Sucks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-09
No.Conway,NH
kudos:3

said by Pacrat:

The other ones were out in the truck!!! Too far to walk!

Besides... he gets to bill for more parts if he throws in an extra "jumper" here and there.

Or SHE
--
Team
Discovery

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA
reply to Lurch77

What is wrong with that? It might not be ideal but in an ideal world you would have zero wire nuts just a single continuous wire. The picture does not show if there is enough slack for the left and right wire to be hooked together either. That might have been the best option. My objection is the orange wire nut. You can clearly see the color theme is yellow so that should be a YELLOW wire nut not orange.
--
"Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others." - Winston Churchill

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
reply to Lurch77

said by Lurch77:

Come on.

Wow, a black ground wire . . .

--
March is National Noodle Month

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4

2 recommendations

reply to 35245635

A little background. This is one of the wires to the condenser motor. It was an OEM replacement motor for a Eubank wall mounted system. The wire leads are long enough to reach all the way into the controls section. To do that requires a few more panels come off and little effort. Someone was too lazy to route the new wires properly, so they cut and nutted into the old wires. Why there is a second nut, I don't know. I see things like this a lot in these systems. They are at cell tower sites, so rarely is anyone around to watch you or check up on your work. There was plenty of slack in the line, I removed the jumper and one of the nuts. I find this kind of laziness unacceptable when working on someone else's equipment.

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA
reply to Lurch77

In that case you need to tar and feather the person who did that!

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

1 edit
reply to Lurch77

said by Lurch77:

In the end, whatever you do, make sure it takes you longer and cost you more than if you actually did it the right way. That is the true mark of a hard worker.

Really, seems like they were just following your previous instructions...

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4

That was a sarcastic remark about people who put more time and effort into getting out of work than if they actually just did the work. We all know those people.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

said by Lurch77:

We all know those people.

Yup... Sadly, we do.

harald

join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH
kudos:1
reply to Lurch77

Then there is the small issue of wire insulation - 4/64 minimum in a space with refrigeration components.