Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

samygent

join:2005-06-25
Laval, QC

1 edit

Wrong speed profile

I'm on 25/10 fttn profile + fibe tv and I download at 45 Mbps , 40 when tv is on. Is this normal ? I'm in no way complaining about this

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by samygent:

I'm on 25/10 fttn profile + fibe tv and I download at 45 Mbps , 40 when tv is on. Is this normal ? I'm in no way complaining about this

I wouldn't have even posted about that. If they see this post they will lower down your profile or now put you on an incorrect profile.

samygent

Laval, QC

not without my IP

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
reply to samygent

Your actual download speed will be limited at some point to 25Mbps and your download speed will always be a constant 25Mbps regardless of your TVs being on or off.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to samygent

No, it's not normal.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to samygent

Profile mistakes happen... Sometimes you get lucky.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Expand your moderator at work

samygent

Laval, QC
reply to JCohen

Re: Wrong speed profile

said by JCohen:

Your actual download speed will be limited at some point to 25Mbps and your download speed will always be a constant 25Mbps regardless of your TVs being on or off.

I've been limited to 15/10 + fibetv for around 5 months . Then upgraded to the new 25/10 + fibe tv profile around a month ago and now I see this magic. Might be the new 25+ ( old 16+ ) who know

BigWater

join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to samygent

I got that too it's not a profile thing it's the QOS (if they use QOS to limit the internet part) on the modem that after a while gets messed up. If you reboot your modem you'll be back to 25/10. Personally I find my connection not has stable when it happends.

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC
reply to samygent

said by samygent:

not without my IP

How many users from Laval, with Fibe 25/10 and Fibe TV on a 45 Mbps profile do you think they have?
Expand your moderator at work

sunday8pm

join:2010-05-24
reply to despe666

Re: Wrong speed profile

Question is, will someone really have time to go through the process of finding this particular user to lower him down by 10 mbits? I don't think the expense is worth the time to Bell

joeybee
Joey
Premium
join:2003-08-12
Hamilton, ON

Probably not but i'm sure theres some sort of program running on a server that checks that people are on the correct profiles and fixes if they're not.
--
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, Are the ones who do.