Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to pflog

Premium Member

to pflog

Re: [Other] Tiger reclaims #1 ranking

Regardless of his personal problems, a player of his calibre come along once in a lifetime. I find golf only interesting when he's in the hunt.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

Regardless of his personal problems, a player of his calibre come along once in a lifetime. I find golf only interesting when he's in the hunt.

So you don't really like golf, you're just in it for the celebrity sighting?

People say Tiger is good for golf because he brings in people who don't like golf, but those kinds of folks will just leave when he's not around. Seems like a wash.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Exactly he's not good for golf........just watch any televised tournament that he is in and see how many other golfers are being followed..........it's a joke.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Exactly he's not good for golf........just watch any televised tournament that he is in and see how many other golfers are being followed..........it's a joke.

Tiger is good for golf TV ratings and by extension good for golf. Yes, Tiger gets a lot of coverage but that's what a majority of viewers want. You are in the minority and the TV coverage does not cater to you. The coverage is going to go with the majority of viewers. It is just your personal opinion that Tiger is not good for golf. I don't think Tiger is bad for golf by any stretch, and that's my opinion.

Be careful...it looks like you care

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

TV likes him because non-golfers like to watch him. Regular golfers would watch whether he is in the hunt or not. The bad thing is that the announcers and telecast director stop caring about anyone but Tiger. It is only interesting if you like the Tiger coverage 90% of the show. I don't.