TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

1 recommendation

Lots going on today

Hey gang,

We have a number of things going on today...

First, Bell rates will start taking effect to existing users starting today.

For 12 and 16 meg users. We will be migrating you to the 15/1 meg service where those speeds qualify.

For new Local Phone signups, rates will go up by $3.60. Existing users will be sent a notice likely next week that rates will go up in a month from then.

TekTalk Unlimited price is reduced to $22.95 for new and existing users starting today.

Existing users for Cogeco territory will be sent a notice today that new rates will start to apply on April 29th. We will be upgrading 14 meg users to 20 throughout the next month. Why its not already done is unknown. They simply ignore our requests to talk. Very unprofessional. We will also migrate existing 16 meg users to 20 also due to the higher rates. Effectively we will migrate to minimize rates hikes. The specifics will be in your notice you receive.

For ATPIA migration in Rogers territory. The migration for Guelph has happen last night night and so that's good news. We have removed Guelph from the signup forms as those are still being worked on for ATPIA and so it will become part of the soft launch/beta for those who want to signup. If you put your postal code in for that area, it will tell you as much also.

Rogers upgrades, Bloor and Scarlett were fixed or upgraded yesterday and moving Gelph also helps with existing capacity. So speeds should largely be pretty good right across the board right now. Once everything balances out we will circle back to make sure everything is running smooth.

Lastly, Vidéotron, I was hoping to have new rates up today but it will have to go to next week. I will post the rates here later today regardless though. We've tweaked some of the offerings down or increased usage in some instances.

We will effectively be pushing out updates once a week until everything is sorted out. There are many changes and so we want to do what we can to ensure everything goes well.

I think that covers it all for now. Oh yeah, no modem options just yet. Hopefully next week but no promises.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dtsang

join:2003-08-16
Toronto, ON

Thanks for the updates. You're great.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

First, Bell rates will start taking effect to existing users starting today.

Haha... 3 days after my invoice...

Ah well, life goes on..
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

What is the best option for existing customers to switch from POTS+GAS to dry-loop and VoIP to minimize extra fees and downtime?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by MacGyver:

What is the best option for existing customers to switch from POTS+GAS to dry-loop and VoIP to minimize extra fees and downtime?

Do it all on a second pair, make sure it's stable, then cut service on the first pair. Zero downtime, a little extra money though. Trying to switch over an existing line is asking for trouble, IMHO.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

The Flash
Go Leafs Go
Premium
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc

If we already have 19 meg sync (16 usable), can we keep that instead of being downgraded?

Thanks

vautourm

join:2013-03-14
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Marc, does this mean that the no dry loop fee promotion with Tektalk Unlimited is also live as of today?

twizzler66

join:2011-06-25
Guelph, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

The migration for Guelph has happen last night night and so that's good news. We have removed Guelph from the signup forms as those are still being worked on for ATPIA and so it will become part of the soft launch/beta for those who want to signup. If you put your postal code in for that area, it will tell you as much also.

So for current user with DOCSIS 3 modems on the 28/1 plan, what is our best option for migration at the moment - a post in the direct forums?

MFido

join:2012-10-19
reply to TSI Marc

Thanks Marc, good news!

GreenEnvy22

join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Hi Mark,
ETA on new business vDSL rates (Bell, ON)?

RandalIT

join:2012-07-26
Calgary, AB
reply to TSI Marc

Hi Marc

Do we have any updates on the 50Mb package from Telus yet?

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc See ProfileWhy its not already done is unknown. They simply ignore our requests to talk. Very unprofessional.
[/BQUOTE :

Join the club. Just when your a customer you will never get someone to come to your door and they say everything is fine on their end so no help for you.

W16

join:2006-08-25
Oshawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc

For TekTalk Unlimited does the 22.95 include the dry loop charge? Can't find anything on the website.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to The Flash

Hello Flash,

We have no plans that I'm aware of to go through and manually adjust everyones profiles. I cannot guarantee that Bell will never do this automatically though
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to vautourm

I'm pretty sure the no dry loop fee has not started yet but I am double checking this for you and will update once I have confirmation.

Thanks,
Keith
--

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to twizzler66

twizzler66,

A post in direct will be fine if you'd like a new package in Guelph. New orders have to go through the Beta sign up mentioned here: »[Cable] Rogers ATPIA - Live - BETA - March 22nd, 2013 however we can process change orders normally.

Thanks,
Keith
--

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to GreenEnvy22

I apologize, no ETA at this time

Keith

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to RandalIT

It's in the works, no ETA at this time though.

Thank you,
Keith

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Thanks for the update Marc, as always it's appreciated to know what is going on.

I'm especially glad to hear that the migration in Guelph went well. Next one up is the monster POI McNicoll, oh boi oh boi oh boi! Last I had reliable notes this POI had 5x1gig links.

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to W16

Hello,

The promotion for TekTalk Unlimited customers to not be charged for Dry Loop (mentioned here »[TekTalk] NEW TekTalk PROMO - Digital Home Phone) is not yet live but should be soon.

Thank you,
Keith
--

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to vautourm

I've double checked for you. Not live yet but in the works (see above)

Thanks,
Keith

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

What about the new promotion where I get sent free timbits every month, any ETA on that?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

meeee

@optionsdsl.ca
reply to TSI Marc

Hi,

I called about upgrading to the new speeds in Guelph and was informed that it is still being worked out and cannot be upgraded at this time. Is this the case, or can I put a change request in Teksavvy direct to upgrade my speed? I'm currently on 28/1 and looking to upgrade to 45/4.

Thanks!

ashwinde

join:2012-12-22
Waterloo, ON
reply to TSI Keith

TSI Keith -

Do you have more information (Model, Price, ETA) on the "new" lower cost ATA that Marc mentioned in the original TekTalk promotion post?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to TSI Keith

said by TSI Keith:

Hello Flash,

We have no plans that I'm aware of to go through and manually adjust everyones profiles. I cannot guarantee that Bell will never do this automatically though

Actually, we decided that yesterday.. so yes we will be migrating users to the 15 meg profile.. this is in an effort to move everybody on the 12 and 16 speeds to the standard speeds..

I suppose if you wanted to keep the old pricing and remain on that existing profile.. I'm game with that. It's also possible that once the profile change is done you may still be able to get back on a similar profile but I dont know to be honest.

The costs are different for us is why we're doing it this way and frankly, I think most will appreciate it, so I'm hoping that most will be ok with the price reduction in exchange for losing potentially 1mbit/sec going from 16 to 15...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

simsin0

join:2008-01-06
reply to HiVolt

me too... hehe
Oh well. Im glad we have better speed!

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to TSI Marc

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification

Eldorados

join:2005-11-25
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

For ATPIA migration in Rogers territory. The migration for Guelph has happen last night night and so that's good news. We have removed Guelph from the signup forms as those are still being worked on for ATPIA and so it will become part of the soft launch/beta for those who want to signup. If you put your postal code in for that area, it will tell you as much also.

I put my postal code in and got the basic signup form, available options are the old 18 and 28 packages

N1K1Y8

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to meeee

Reach out to us in the direct forum and we can do this for you.

Thanks,
Keith

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to Eldorados

said by Eldorados:

said by TSI Marc:

I put my postal code in and got the basic signup form, available options are the old 18 and 28 packages

N1K1Y8

Have a look here for info on how to sign up for the soft launch/beta

»Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Live in new areas - BETA March 22nd, 2013
--