join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

My account seems to say I have no HSI

Click for full size
I recently dropped TV down to basic and I'm moving the home phone over to Verizon landline as I took a phone/DirecTV bundle through them as it has a better price and better picture quality. I'm keeping Comcast for HSI and basic cable (as having basic cable saves on the HSI) as VZ only has DSL around here. I logged onto my account today and it appears I'm not subscribed to Internet.

GSTEXEC1
Premium
join:2004-10-26
Fort Pierce, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

Over the last 2 months this has happened to me at least 7 times shows no internet. I call in and they confirm I have internet and a few days later it show up. No one has been able to tell me why. I asked on Comcast Direct and was told someone would get in contact with me and Executive support called and told me I had internet and not to worry.

I would assume their upgrading their system and things disappear. I also show on several times my tv and phone not working but both on and operating correctly.

AnonMan

@comcast.net

Pay that thing 0 mind...

Mine randomly says I have TV and I am an HSI only customer lol.

It also is not accurate for outages. Mine often says I am okay and have an confirmed area outage (confirmed by my direct maint contact) and other times says is an outage that is not even near me...

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

2 recommendations

reply to IowaCowboy

Hell your bill is late. Soon you wont have anything

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to IowaCowboy

That's the bill before your recent changes, if you look at bill details a newer version should be visible.
Unfortunately the posted bill doesn't update in real time, so you have the one a month snapshot.
under bill details you should see pending credits and pending charges, which represent recent changes.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

Hell your bill is late. Soon you wont have anything

I always pay my bill before the next bill comes out. It is just that my pay periods don't agree with the billing cycle due date. They don't shut off until 45 days past due (software disconnect) and at 60 days they repossess any rented equipment and do a hard disconnect at the pole. Fortunately that has never happened to me.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

GusHerb94

join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL
reply to tshirt

said by tshirt:

That's the bill before your recent changes, if you look at bill details a newer version should be visible.
Unfortunately the posted bill doesn't update in real time, so you have the one a month snapshot.
under bill details you should see pending credits and pending charges, which represent recent changes.

The balance used to update in real time, at least it did or does for biz class. It may be different cuz all the reps were telling me I wouldn't see my balance update til the next period even though it was updating right away, that was on our business account.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

My balance updates as soon as I pay my bill.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to GusHerb94

said by GusHerb94:

said by tshirt:

The balance used to update in real time, at least it did or does for biz class. It may be different cuz all the reps were telling me I wouldn't see my balance update til the next period even though it was updating right away, that was on our business account.

That may also be dependent on the method of payment. I have noticed that if I pay on-line using a credit card, the displayed balance due changes to $0.00 immediately for both my residential and business class accounts. If I pay by bank draft (on-line check), sometimes the balance due displayed on the web site takes a couple of days to update. I notice the same same when paying my AT&T Mobility account on-line.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to IowaCowboy

I have a residential TV account with Xfinity, and a Comcast Business Class Internet account. If I log into the residential TV account, it appropriately shows my TV account.

If I log into the Business Class account, it often shows that I also have Business Class TV service (but I don't, and it does not show up on my bill). It also shows the remote controls used by the DTA boxes on my residential TV account even when it doesn't show the bogus Business Class TV service (and the actual DTA boxes randomly don't show up on-line for my residential TV account).

What you see on the on-line account page often is fiction. Your actual bill is the only document that really counts.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to IowaCowboy

Just curious:

How much did is the Basic Cable with your HSI cost you?
Which HSI tier do you subscribe to?
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by Johkal:

Just curious:

How much did is the Basic Cable with your HSI cost you?
Which HSI tier do you subscribe to?

In our area (Springfield, MA), basic cable is $5.05 per month and I'm subscribing to Blast which is $61.95 with cable and/or voice and $74.95 as standalone.

If you buy the basic cable, it puts you on their books as a video subscriber and you get the lower Internet pricing.

--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to IowaCowboy

Lowest bidder on database programming/maintaining, what did you expect?

Expand your moderator at work

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 edit

Re: My account seems to say I have no HSI

said by somebody07:

deleted

Read my post above on my reasons for paying my bill when I do. The bill gets cut on the 8th of the month and they claim a due date on the 22nd. The bill just does not agree with my pay periods so I pay it on the 3rd of each month.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA

1 edit

The bill is due on the 22nd, it should be paid by then, IMO.

Expand your moderator at work

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: My account seems to say I have no HSI

I would think paying your bill over a week late consistently would not look so good to Comcast.

Just my opinion though and this isn't really the reason for this thread being posted.

My account used to show TV, although I did not have TV service. Now it's correct and only shows my HSI.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com | »www.APetForum.com

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21
reply to IowaCowboy

My online account page shows everything correctly, and I use Auto Pay. What do I win?

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

said by Jeremy W:

My online account page shows everything correctly, and I use Auto Pay. What do I win?

Perhaps the eternal gratitude of Comcast's bean counters?
--

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21

said by NetFixer:

said by Jeremy W:

I'll take it!

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

said by Jeremy W:

said by NetFixer:

said by Jeremy W:

I'll take it!

Based on my prior experiences with Auto Pay, so will the Comcast bean counters.
--