uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to rjk

Premium Member

to rjk

Re: Is the HD fee a box fee or a service fee?

said by rjk :

Still not clear. If you have no Comcast boxes (just tivo) do you still pay the HD technology fee?

Yes in most markets.
HerronScott
join:2004-12-23
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

My understanding is that the HD technology fee was only required if you were using Comcast's equipment.

Scott

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by HerronScott:

My understanding is that the HD technology fee was only required if you were using Comcast's equipment.

Scott

I believe that is for the locals. The only thing the cable card does is tell the tivo what channels that allowed. The HD service has to be turned on for you to get HD programming
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

Not with our local franchise. I get all the HD channels with no HD technology fee (2 Tivo's with CableCards).

Scott

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by HerronScott:

Not with our local franchise. I get all the HD channels with no HD technology fee (2 Tivo's with CableCards).

Scott

You will not get HD programming here unless you pay for it.
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

Comes with our Digitial Preferred package and we've always received HD for the past 6 years that we've had our Tivo's and CableCARDS. Again we've never had an HD technology fee in this area although they did add it to the last rate schedule but I'm not being charged for it (and neither is my brother).

There's been a lot of discussion on the HD technology fee in the TiVo forums and the general concensus and feedback from Comcast in most franchises has been that it's only for where you have Comcast HD equipment (DVR, converter etc). I'm not positive that is consistently applied though across franchises so YMMV.

Scott
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Can anyone in IL with a Tivo and Cable Card comment on if they are paying an HD tech fee?
jlobb2
join:2013-03-28
Romeoville, IL

jlobb2

I'm in Romeoville and use a cablecard only(with a Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner) and get the HD channels in my package. If you look at the channel lineup, it shows the hd channels as being included with the package you subscribe to.

Here is the link for channel lineup in my area at least.

»www.comcast.com/Clu/Chan ··· elLineUp

rjk
@comcast.net

rjk

Anon

That is a very good point. If you pay for a package that includes HD channels, you should not have to pay an additional fee to receive them with your won equipment.