Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to StefanB

MVM

to StefanB

Re: Losing downstream channel.

Well as gar187er See Profile pointed out, the frequencies in the other thread were LTE band, so your issue is likely different (and hopefully less troublesome and drawn out). I didn't want to scare you, just wanted to give you a heads up that sometimes these kinds of issues are difficult to track down.

I had a similar issue to yours, but it was on my upstream channel (this was before DOCSIS 3.0 so I had only one upstream channel). Periodically, it would just drop off and lose sync. It took a tech sitting at the tap with a meter watching it for hours before he caught the problem and this was after 2 truck rolls and someone in business class escalations getting involved!

I hope your issue is more cut and dry, chances are it is.
StefanB
join:2009-08-27
Miami, FL

StefanB

Thank you! I really hope so too... I haven't had any problems with Comcast for a while, it has been working perfectly for a few years but I guess there's always something that could happen, it's weird that happened just after they upgraded the speeds .

Quick question, is there anything to worry about the FAIL status on the line quality test?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

In your case it looks like it's a specific route issue so I think you're ok.

The "Central - USA" test has no packet loss, but the West coast one does.

Could be related to your problem, but looks more like a routing issue between you and the west coast test server.
StefanB
join:2009-08-27
Miami, FL

StefanB

Perfect, I'm not going to worry much about it then. Maybe it will get fixed whenever this issue I'm having is gone.

About the Wikipedia link, that's very interesting. Seems like there's not many sources that can possibly cause some issues as you said, that makes me feel more at ease .

You're awesome, pflog... I really appreciate your time helping me and quick replies.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by StefanB:

I really appreciate your time helping me and quick replies.

No problem, glad to try and help. Let us know how the monitoring of that channel goes and if you end up calling support have them send someone out. At least when the tech shows up you will be able to say "the channel on 375 MHz keeps dropping" and tell him if there are tons of errors or not. That should hopefully point them in a direction to investigate.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to pflog

Premium Member

to pflog
I'm not sure if the same servers are used for both, but when I ran a Smokeping test for a week a little while ago, the west coast server showed more jitter and packet loss. The Kansas server's results looked much better. I ended up using that one as its results coincided with my connectivity issues.