rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Guspaz

Re: VMedia Launches

said by Guspaz:

Yes, my Videotron prices are TV-only. I do not have any other services from Videotron, and so do not qualify for any bundle discounts. I also have not gotten any retention deals because I haven't seen any better options from other providers yet that I can threaten them with (although I suppose I could try the "I don't watch much, cut me a deal or I'm gone" thing).

I did once call in to try to argue against the CRTC fee when they added it. Called up, complained that this fee was NOT required and that I should not be charged for it (it's supposed to be included in their pricing). They offered to remove it for me for the first month, but only because they hadn't given me the legally required 30-days notice. So no luck there either.

I just spoke with Videotron after I saw your post and they told me that the basic package is mandatory. That I cannot drop it and just go a la carte.....

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
said by rednekcowboy:

I just spoke with Videotron after I saw your post and they told me that the basic package is mandatory. That I cannot drop it and just go a la carte.....

Yes, the basic package for $20 is always required. For one thing, it contains all the mandatory carriage stuff. Onto that you can add something like the +30 a-la-carte option.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org