spc
uniqs
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger to ispwho

to ispwho

Re: VMedia Launches

Hi

We get our DSL directly from Bell, and we get cable through another ISP, CIKTel. WE do look forward to our own TPIA deal soon with Rogers.And yes, Alexei and I were just talking about offering higher speeds.We will look into it.Right now we were focused on killer comparables, matching our Basic + internet with similar offers which show compelling value on our side, so for example Bell's Basic plus 6Mbps service clocks in at over $80 on a recurring basis, with contract, while you get something similar from VMedia for under $60, plus no contracts and no limits. But I take your point.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by GeorgeBurger:

Hi

We get our DSL directly from Bell, and we get cable through another ISP, CIKTel. WE do look forward to our own TPIA deal soon with Rogers.And yes, Alexei and I were just talking about offering higher speeds.We will look into it.Right now we were focused on killer comparables, matching our Basic + internet with similar offers which show compelling value on our side, so for example Bell's Basic plus 6Mbps service clocks in at over $80 on a recurring basis, with contract, while you get something similar from VMedia for under $60, plus no contracts and no limits. But I take your point.

But, you can get Rogers or Videotron Digital Cable and go with TPIA or AGAS based internet services with any numbre of the IISPs in Ontario or Quebec. The savings via cheaper internet is a moot point, you can get them with IPTV or good ol' digital cable.

But you just launched your product, so I will keep watching to see you folks improve. The basic is pretty nice deal, the add on packs, depending on which channel one would want, can increase the bill to be the same or more expensive than your competitors'. Any ETA how the package where you get to choose specific channels?

Kudos on the launch, more choice can't hurt the market.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to GeorgeBurger

Premium Member

to GeorgeBurger
said by GeorgeBurger:

We get our DSL directly from Bell, and we get cable through another ISP, CIKTel.

If you're using CIKTel, does that mean that you have the ability to offer services on the Cogeco network as well as Rogers?
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger

Yes we offer the Cogeco 20Mg service.