uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

Proposal for new charges from bell

In keeping with their nickle and diming bhell is proposing a "No Access" fee for when they cant get into a customers premise and another charge for "Install aborted". No mention of a credit for tech's not showing but that's something for CNOC to ask for very loudly.

In exchange for giving them the "no access" fee of $35.92 they will reduce the service charge of $90.65 by $4.34.

The "Aborted Install" fee will cover things such as ISP's sending defective modems or unusual modifications to demarcs "on the customer facing side" or they cant find them. This fee will be $59.87

This is bullshit in my view and another cash grab

downloadPROPOSED - T···-ABR.zip 156238 bytes

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

I wonder what Bell will pay the ISPs and End Users when THEY miss an install...

Bell technicians are known to "feather knock" when they're running behind schedule.

No accountability.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to andyb

Sounds good.... As soon as we get the $39.99 fee for a no call Bell tech, $59.99 fee for a show no Bell tech, $99.99 for a defective set-ups, bad line provisioning, or other unusual shenanigans on the Bell side, and $159.99 for getting disconnected randomly after being properly connected for various stupid reasons at the CO or Remote fees.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by ekster:

Sounds good.... As soon as we get the $39.99 fee for a no call Bell tech, $59.99 fee for a show no Bell tech, $99.99 for a defective set-ups, bad line provisioning, or other unusual shenanigans on the Bell side, and $159.99 for getting disconnected randomly after being properly connected for various stupid reasons at the CO or Remote fees.

Average hourly earning for Ontario and Quebec is 21.73$ (source: »www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableau···-eng.htm)

Average wait time to get a hold of someone at your ISP to bitch at them for the no-show tech: 30-minutes.

Another day off work + no net for however long it takes for the no-show to either show-up or no-show again. So there needs to be punitive damages here in favour of the end-user since the end user is left with nothing after paying, and has to schedule more time off work w/ lost salary.

If it's another no-show, costs should double in favour of the customer (punitive damages), since it's another day off work, and likely bitching going on at work because of the wonderful no-show Bell service.

Defective install = more time off work. This should be calculated as a full day off + punitive damages.

So as a minimum, one no-show should be equal to, 173.84$ + punitive damages of about 40$.

If there is a second no show, fee should be double all around (347.68$ + 80$): 427.68$

In regards to the demrac. No. Bell is trying to wiggle out of the CRTC demarc decision, besides we already pay for this install included in the fee's for the proper install of the pots-splitter. So there are two already established decisions Bell is trying to wiggle out of.

If the so-called indie ISP does not inform the customer of say and apartment building or Condo that they have to arrange access for Bell canada to get into whatever access room, then that charge will fall on the so-called indie. If a recording exists that proves the customer was informed, then the customer will get dinged for the charge (up to them to fight with whoever didn't open the door for Bell, and charges as applicable).

Defective install (how many bell techs does it take to install a modem?): 347.68$ + 1/2 day of work + puntive damages at 40$.

All completed work to be *signed off* by the end-user upon completion. No signed off work order = tech never bothered going to the end-users house and thus is a no-show.

Works both ways, ay?

MaynardKrebs
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

said by hm :

[
Works both ways, ay eh?

Fixed it for you.

why ty

@videotron.ca

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by hm :

[
Works both ways, ay eh?

Fixed it for you.

Ty.
And I fixed your quoting typo, sir.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to andyb

Bell Bullshit!

dsl

join:2012-02-02

Bell Smell

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

join:2005-08-24
Scarborough
kudos:2
reply to andyb

Where did those documents come from? Are they from the CRTC website? I'd love to make some comments about that to the CRTC.

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
reply to hm

Totally agree with you points!

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

Documents should show on bells tn page:
»www.crtc.gc.ca/8740/eng/2013/b2.htm

Probably the most recent one.
As to filing against it, Im not sure how to do that exactly since it doesnt seem open to comments.....
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
reply to andyb

Actually, the new fees are on TN 7380.. Your post is 7379.

7380 with the new fees are here til CRTC updates their site:
»www.vaxination.ca/crtc/2013/Bell···_ABR.pdf
--

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Montreal DSL

said by Montreal DSL:

Totally agree with you points!

I didn't get into the ISP side of things.

If there is a no-show, on the ISP side you have direct labour and over head costs associated with that. But only the wholesalers/resellers know the direct costs of a no-show.

a) Manning the phones to be bitched at by a customer
b) recording it all
c) entering data into system
d) communicating with Bell Canada who never performed the job they were supposed to do, and were paid to do.

If more happens like a second no-show or a bad install from an incompetent tech or a tech who just didn't give a damn then there are other costs, which could include full refund, re- shipping/restocking fee's and so forth for a customer who told them to go to hell with their lousy service.

Wholesalers, as is, expect customers to stick around at a loss of over 20$ per hour (from multi-days off) to the end-user in order to be there no matter how many times. Case in point is Teksavvy who want a full month of run-arounds at no cost to them before you can get your money back. And in many cases they still want to charge a person a re-stocking fee (at least that I have seen once before here).

Lots are wrong with this Bell proposal. If CNOC doesn't flap it's lips over this it will show they are only out for themselves.

GrRrRrRrrrr

@videotron.ca

GrRrRrRrrrr
Not enough coffee in me and I thought of this BS.
That's all.
GrRrRrRrrrr

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON

Looks like CNOC will be opposing it.
--

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Mine is 7380. Its the zip bell sent with everything in it.Says 7380 in the name of it

cpsycho

join:2008-06-03
HarperLand
reply to andyb

Send a back charge, that's what I would do.

xbell

@cgocable.net
reply to andyb

"The Companies note that there is precedence for the principle of creating financial penalties to incent wholesale customers to behave in a responsible and business-like manner."

This tariff will penalize people in apartments who have no control over all access points for techs. Often when we get there for an install or repair I don't know which rooms or portions of the building I have to get into so expecting a customer to arrange for this is ridiculous.

The aborted install will be used by lazy and incompetent techs from Bell Technical Solutions to punish people and get out of installs if they actually have to do a little work beyond a normal install.

I will be advising my customers to fight these charges if they are levied beyond their legitimate mandate and I will gladly come to small claims court to testify if they want me to.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

There are Lazy and Incompetent techs in all Lines of work, And i agree the Aborted install would be used in apartments often, But how hard is it for the Tenant to call the Super and ask what times they are available for a Tech to get into a Phone room? before u book an Install.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso

That is all.

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
reply to andyb

said by andyb:

said by resa1983:

Mine is 7380. Its the zip bell sent with everything in it.Says 7380 in the name of it

Err, sorry about that.. I'd downloaded 7379 before, and went to download 7380 from your link, but it didn't download.. I thought it did, but it didn't, so opened the first bell .zip in my list. herp derp me.
--

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario

Been there,done that lol.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Looks like CNOC will be opposing it.

CNOC doesn't exactly speak for people. They speak for their own self interests. Which is money in their pocket. Not rights of people. Or protection of people (like Marc of TSI pretends). They are an industry group. A lobby group. Out to make money. Nothing different than Bell Canada.

If what was written here is not regurgitated, then it will show.