share rss forum feed

pclover

join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Comcast Cares LIED to me I think

I sent a compliant about my DTA order.

I used the »digitalnow.comcast.com website and it let me order 2 DTA's However, The order didn't process and I was told it didn't push though for some unknown reason.

I contacted Comcast Cares and a lady called me back saying a DTA would not be available in my area until it's fully upgraded and all channels are moved to digital!.

If this was the case why was I able to place an order using the website and not denied? Somebody had to put it into the system that I was able to get them!

However, I could purchase a standard digital box for the TV's that need it and that would solve the digital upgrade problem.

A local tech says DTA's will be available for pickup tomorrow at the customer service center.

I am going to head down there tomorrow to see if I can pick them up.

I wish Steve was back with Comcast.

Just a warning. What Comcast cares tells you may not be necessarily true!

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

First of all, they didn't lie to you. They _may_ have been wrong. Second, what they told you is probably correct- your conclusions are faulty. DTAs are only available in areas that are 100% digital. They aren't needed otherwise. The standard digital box has features that DTAs do not have, cost more each month, and are always available. The on-line system was probably configured improperly, and that's why it allowed you to order. The tech may or may not be correct. They usually don't know what's at the offices.

Lot's of mistakes made, but no intentional lies.

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

They proceded to do the upgrade tonight.

Looking at the previous analog channels on the main Moto DCT 6412 in the diagnostic menu they all report digital now so they should work fine?

Before the channels reported analog they now report digital.

It seems they are running them all in digital along with the analog channels? A DTA device SHOULD work than now.

EDIT: Seems to be the case. I picked some channels 3 10 15 20 39 60 they all report digital some in the 30's reported digital as well. Also, I found some using the same frequency. (Don't need to tell me I know why this is.)

From this I assume they are all digital?

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit
reply to pclover

Yep,

I got DTA boxes today which Comcast Cares told me I couldn't.

They appear to be Motorola DTA's

Plugged them in and it works fine.

I guess I was lied to?

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by pclover:

Yep,

I got DTA boxes today which Comcast Cares told me I couldn't.

They appear to be Motorola DTA's

Plugged them in and it works fine.

I guess I was lied to?

Yes, someone lied to you about DTA boxes. That makes a lot of sense. You called, asked about DTA boxes, and the CR thought, "Hmm, I think I'll lie to this person. I'll tell him he can't have a DTA even though he can so I have the pleasure of listening to him go on a rant."

Really?

Don't you think it's more like, "My information here tells me that this address cannot get DTA boxes, and I have to tell him about the more expensive digital boxes, so now I have to listen while the person goes on a rant."

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

I agree you're right.

However, it sounds like this person didn't have a clue what was going on. Nor did they bother to look into my area before they called me providing incorrect information. I thought this was the job of the executive CS to look into the area and confirm that info is correct?

I have my DTA's setup and working that what counts.

A bit annoyed they wouldn't ship them to me early. I had to wait in line for around 2 hours today.

The manager came out of the store saying effective today, You can place an order to be shipped. Okay, Why Was I allowed to place an order PRIOR to this date!

I guess somebody screwed that up and upset a lot of people.

Overall just a poor experience IMO.